Concerned 12 (0%) -»
Highly concerned 4 (0%) -»
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Poll q. 2:
james h

posted on 11/2/08 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Poll q. 2:

2. How concerned are you about your energy consumption?
andyps

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi James,

I answered Q1 but am now stumped by this question. In what context do you mean?

I am concerned about energy consumption in terms of how much it then ends up costing me, but am less concerned about it in terms of the environmental issues because I don't buy into all the current hype about mans impact on global warming (that is not to say I am not concerned, just it is a secondary issue behind the cost factor). Can you clarify please?

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

james h

posted on 12/2/08 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, I can see where you are coming from here.

I suppose the answer to the question is which you consider most important - cost or environment - then deciding how much your chosen option concerns you.

I too would say cost concerns me more (or will do when I move into my own house and pay the bills!) as the visual impact of energy consumption upon the environment is less than that on your pocket or bank balance!

To give another example, a lady who I spoke to today was more concerned about the environment so she replied 'concerned' yet I don't think the money part came into it with her.

So in answer to your question, I would say reply in relation to the aspect with which you believe to more concerning/important to you.

Hope that helps and you understood the gobbledegook above^

James

smart51

posted on 12/2/08 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Environmental concern doesn't mean living like a monk. Just do what you do in an environmental way. I've swapped over to eco light bulbs. My next fridge will be A rated. When my boiler goes, which will probably be soon, I'll get a solar assisted system put in. It's easy enough, you just have to think about it a bit.
DarrenW

posted on 12/2/08 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ive opted for highly concerned but only from a cost point of view (which surely has a knock on effect for environment - why else would the prices be going up????)

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/2/08 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
I put highly concerned, because I’m worried that my energy expenditure is a lot lower than my energy consumption due to all these Chinese meals I'm eating for lunch.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
james h

posted on 12/2/08 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Haha, like your thinking Mr. Whippy
I suppose in that case most should be putting down highly concerned, well I know I did anyway!

Simon

posted on 12/2/08 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cost is not the problem if you live outside of Europe.

If you live in Europe, and more specifically in the UK, TAX is the problem.

If I lived in Oz or the US, I could fill up my ZT 260 for little more than the cost of a couple of packets of fags (that's UK priced fags as G Brown.

Tax is there to pay for one man's gross incompetance to manage the economy. Most lately, that man has been Gordon Brown and my, has he fcuked up the economy. Several new taxes, others raised. Selling the UK's gold reserves as it a European thing.

They say he is one of the best C's of the E we've had, God help us when we get a bad one.

If my car is bad for the environment perhaps Gord would like to pay me lots of money for it, then he can recycle it.

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.