Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting rid of plundered donors
DaveFJ

posted on 17/9/03 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Check with the local council, if you live in an officialy designated 'deprived area' the council will take away scrap cars for free!!

Just found this out because the boundary of just such an area runs down the centre of my road.... no guessing which side of it I am!!! (they also pay lower council tax and avoid stamp duty on 'the other side of the road' )

[Edited on 17/9/03 by protofj]

JoelP

posted on 17/9/03 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a wee take! How can one side of the road be that much better than the other?!

Why not give it to a neighbour on t'other side?

DaveFJ

posted on 17/9/03 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
I suppose they have to put a boudary somewhere but the biggest 'wee take' is that the average house price on my road is £150,000 - hmm very deprived

Unfortunately I only found out about this last week and got rid of my donor ages ago... but next time

Mark H

posted on 19/9/03 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm still trying to decide whether to buy an oxyacetylene torch and slice the cars up myself. we will potentially have three (cortina, sierra, rover).

I know youve sorted it out now, but I bought a rather large angle grinder and spent many an hour (and many a disc) cutting up my sierra to save the £40 charge in my town.

It cost £40 this grinder, but buying tools aren't part of the build cost are they?

Anyway, cut the thign up, trailered it to the local tip. The gents there wouldn't take it coz they don't take cars. I explained it wasn't a car, but scrap metal, which you do take. Once the larger bloke came over, I packed up and shipped out.

To cut a long story short, cost me £40 to get it taken away, and i had to handball the thing into the flat bed. AArrgh!

No wonder people dump the things.

As a matter of interest I work for the National Grid, and our substations are always moving scrap cars, washing machines etc. Just a cost which gets transferred to their customers the distributors and therefore us via our bills. They dont bother with the police. And always down dark (private) roads. Hmm.

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.