Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Owners Club
BKLOCO

posted on 29/1/06 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Also is there a GTS logo (bonnet badge in exsistance?) if not would any graphic artists out there be willing to spend time designing one that we can put forward for approval by Darren @ GTS, We could get some made up and use it as a figure head on the website, stationary etc.

Hi Mark
Yes there is a GTS nosecone badge and I have one in my posession.
I will post it in my photo archive asap. (probably later today)
If you want I'll send it to you as a"full sized" image via e-mail.

I'm seeing my son later today re website design.
After speaking to him on the phone he says he is extreemly busy at the moment but as long as there is no pressure he is sure he can do something for us regarding a basic design and get some initial static pages up.
Best regards
Brian

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

dozracing

posted on 29/1/06 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Logo.

Thanks guys. To help out, whatever the fee is for joining the owners club, GTS will pay for the first year, when you buy a kit. If you are already an owner (and therefore founding member) GTS will pay for your first years membership also.

Obviously this is for people who have bought a kit from us, if you are a home builders (ie building from plans), then we will contribute 50% when you buy the bodywork. Or some deal like that, whatever suits the club/owners.

Kind regards,
Darren Rescued attachment gts-logo.jpg
Rescued attachment gts-logo.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gav

posted on 29/1/06 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Read the small print Darren

quote:

Article 3: Membership

There will be no special requirements to become a “gtsownersclub” member and there will be no membership fees. Interest, enthusiasm, and dedication are the only prerequisites to become a member, members will work to achieve the purposes and aims outlined in Article 2. Club members will attend meetings; publicize the presence and activities of the club by any means available, ; and take part in the planning organization, and execution of club events. Executive roles are detailed below.

dozracing

posted on 31/1/06 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops. Nice offer though.

I read an earlier post where it was said that it was only possibly going to be free.

I'll get some T-shirts made up then, and everyone gets a free t-shirt with membership of the club, if they own a kit etc..

Kind regards,
Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 31/1/06 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I thought I had better clarify parts of Article 3; with regards to membership being free, this will have to be fully decided as any Secretary/Treasurer will need to be re-imbursed for any out of pocket expenses such as stationary, postage costs etc, the cost will be kept to a minimum.

Regards

Mark

You were right in the first place Darren, it may only possibly be free. As Mark says it depends what the club expenses are...

T Shirts sound like a good idea to me as well . Another one to go with my Locost one

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Gav

posted on 31/1/06 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I stand corrected
dozracing

posted on 10/2/06 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Just taken a peak at the website, and i think you have done a great job already.

Love the overall look of the website.

Might want to swap the pic for this.

Darren Rescued attachment locost-grass.jpg
Rescued attachment locost-grass.jpg

Gav

posted on 10/2/06 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
oo i like the look of the front lights and indcator s, where do they come from?
gives it an aggressive look rather than the normal wide eyed look from standard lights.

[Edited on 10/2/06 by Gav]

flak monkey

posted on 10/2/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
They are the 5.75" headlights a lot of people are fitting. Not sure which ones are SVA compliant at the moment though, as most have a simple up-down dip pattern.

The indicators are landrover items in a special housing.

David

Sera

flak monkey

posted on 10/2/06 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good

Much prefer the new look to be honest

Sera

Hellfire

posted on 11/2/06 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
They are the 5.75" headlights a lot of people are fitting. Not sure which ones are SVA compliant at the moment though, as most have a simple up-down dip pattern.

The indicators are landrover items in a special housing.

David

They are 105mm diameter, which is just over 4" and they are not SVA compliant. They do look nice though but better fitted after SVA.

flak monkey

posted on 11/2/06 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Oops, should have checked really...

Heres the pic from the GTS website (£37.50 each, available in black and chrome)

They are indeed 105mm diameter ones.

I think some of the 5.75" ones are SVA compliant, and they look better than the 7" ones.

David

Sera

Hellfire

posted on 11/2/06 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
5.75" headlights are the smallest SVA compliant headlights you can buy at present.

flak monkey

posted on 11/2/06 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Theres no minimum diameter, it just most small lights are designed for motorbikes and so dip straight up and down and therefore will not pass SVA. The smallest lights that dip to the left are 5.75" ones, though no doubt sooner or later someone will make a lens to fit the smaller lights which would be SVA'able.

Hope that makes sense.

David

Sera

BKLOCO

posted on 12/2/06 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Theres no minimum diameter, it just most small lights are designed for motorbikes and so dip straight up and down and therefore will not pass SVA. The smallest lights that dip to the left are 5.75" ones, though no doubt sooner or later someone will make a lens to fit the smaller lights which would be SVA'able.
Hope that makes sense.
David

Sorry to contradict once again chaps but Darren has had at least one car through SVA using these lights!!!
The trick is to rotate the lenze in the housing to give the required "kick up" patten to the left.
As you correctly say Flack there is no min size stated for lamp dia in SVA.

I'll let you know soon how easy SVA is with these lamps.
I've got them fitted!!!!

Description high front
Description high front

[Edited on 12-2-06 by BKLOCO]

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

scotty g

posted on 12/2/06 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark, i believe that you should have your kit now, is that right?
How is it all?

Hellfire

posted on 12/2/06 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
It's common knowledge to some users on this forum that Steve @ SVC has been trying for years to obtain small diameter (less than 5.75") SVA compliant lenses. He is tooled up and ready to start production of the housings if/when he finds a supplier. To date he has had no luck.

We purchased some 105mm dia lenses from GTS a few years back and couldn't see how we could possibly pass SVA with them, so took the safe option and purchased a pair from SVC.

Go ahead and try them by all means. You won't be the first to try turning the lenses and you never know, you might get lucky.

[Edited on 12-2-06 by Hellfire]

[Edited on 12-2-06 by Hellfire]

Gav

posted on 12/2/06 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
That "whinger" has probably waiting 3 more months than you though

edit: yes that wa a joke

[Edited on 12/2/06 by Gav]

flak monkey

posted on 12/2/06 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yipppeeeeeeeeee. As I type my kit is 2 miles away, the guy just phoned for directions, im like a kid at xmas i cannot wait camera @ the ready.

Mark

Awsome

Dont expect to see you on here anymore for the next couple of weeks then

How much was delivery if you dont mind me asking?

David

Sera

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.