Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Bleeding the easy way
mad-butcher

posted on 4/9/08 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Brake Bleeding the easy way

For any-one who's never seen one this is the gunson eezibleed great for bleeding brakes and clutches on your own.saves those wonderfull arguments with the wife.you know the one (I Said hold the pedal down) just fill the bottle with brake fluid connect cap to master cylinder and black pipe to spare tyre at about 20 psi and now open the bleed nipples in turn, no need to use the pedal
The black pipe in the picture has an air line fitting cos I have one in the workshop, the other one I have has the standard tyre pump fitting

[Edited on 4/9/08 by mad-butcher] Rescued attachment gunson eesibleed2.jpg
Rescued attachment gunson eesibleed2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
irvined

posted on 4/9/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
This is one of my top ten favorite tools, i hate bleeding brakes and this takes all the misery out of it.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

britishtrident

posted on 4/9/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Best to give the pedal at least one pump or you may find air trapped in master cylinder.

Tip when using the eezibleed is if you have normal rubber covered brake flecxi hoses, use a hose nip/clamp to control the flow then you can close the bleed nipple without having to rush.

TOO BADD

posted on 4/9/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Impressive....off to Screwfix to spend my £14.99
mad-butcher

posted on 4/9/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
As said by britishtrident best to press the pedal once or twice, please remember to shut all nipples and release the pressure in the bottle before unscrewing the master cylinder fitment unless you want your beloved bodywork covered in brake fluid. If this tool has a draw back it is that it fills the master cylinder to the top so you have to remove some of the fluid to put the top back on, I used an old printer refill hyperdermic to remove excess fluid to get it to the max mark
Tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clairetoo

posted on 4/9/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
The locost method I use is just a simple length of suitable clear tube with a bung in the end and a small slit in one side .
The slit acts as a one-way valve , the bung adds weight to keep the tube in the jar - all you then do is loosen the bleed screw , and pump the pedal till no more air comes out (while keeping an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder....)
Total cost - nothing

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Danozeman

posted on 4/9/08 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The locost method I use is just a simple length of suitable clear tube with a bung in the end and a small slit in one side .
The slit acts as a one-way valve , the bung adds weight to keep the tube in the jar - all you then do is loosen the bleed screw , and pump the pedal till no more air comes out (while keeping an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder....)
Total cost - nothing

THats my way too. Plus if u keep the end of the pipe in the fluid your pumping out it wont suck air back in anyway.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

thepest

posted on 5/9/08 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
same here I find that to be easier than having to connect all the pipes to a pressure source. I have tried both and he pipe with the slit is easier overall.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.