Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedals
bassett

posted on 6/2/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Pedals

Hi just been looking at my pedal set and its the 3 mounted together but the throttle doesnt fit in as i have a diaganol bar in the way. Ive seen some other peoples chassis and they have a horizontal one. Is anyone in the same boat or got some ideas to make necessary modifications?
cheers
Adam

TimC

posted on 6/2/08 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Got a pic?

stuart_g

posted on 6/2/08 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a pic of mine. Rescued attachment Pedal box.JPG
Rescued attachment Pedal box.JPG

bassett

posted on 6/2/08 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
well my pedals are the same as stuarts ie 1 unit. Chassis has a diaganol from top left to bottom right so the back of the throttle pedal fouls on the diaganol
stuart_g

posted on 6/2/08 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think that it will really matter. My pedal goes all the way over till it hits the footwell panel and just touches the horizontal cross member.

If you think you are not going to get enough movement to get the full range of throttle then a top mounted throttle pedal may be your answer. I had this supplied with my kit and they changed it for me to floor mounted, so I don't see why they would not change yours for a top mounted version.

bassett

posted on 6/2/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah think that sounds like the only option really as the throttle pedal is like swiss cheese already and i couldnt take anything extra off it.
marc n

posted on 6/2/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
hi adam
not 100 % sure what your meaning with the pedal and diagonal ??? . do you mean the diagonal in the bulkhead ??? ,
if thats what you mean then dont worry the pedal will only touch that diagonal if your throttle cable has snapped

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bassett

posted on 7/2/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah i meant that part of the bulkhead, so even at full throttle it wouldnt touch?
marc n

posted on 7/2/08 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
yep even with throttle fully open its about 40mm clear of that bar

cheers

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bassett

posted on 7/2/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Marc
finlay

posted on 11/2/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
Hi just been looking at my pedal set and its the 3 mounted together but the throttle doesnt fit in as i have a diaganol bar in the way. Ive seen some other peoples chassis and they have a horizontal one. Is anyone in the same boat or got some ideas to make necessary modifications?
cheers
Adam

i had the same problem, so i chopped out the bend in the peddle and welded in a straight piece

cheers

finlay

posted on 11/2/08 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finlay
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
cheers
Adam

i had the same problem, so i chopped out the bend in the peddle and welded in a straight piece

cheers

this is what i did as i needed the travel in the peddle to achive full throttle, with the bend in the peddle arm i couldnt because it hit off the diagonal cross beam that runs accross the bulk head

cheers

Finlay

stuart_g

posted on 11/2/08 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I tackled the throttle pedal at the weekend and mine came out just short of the footwell panel and crossmember at full throttle.

I would have liked the throttle pedal at idle to be about an inch further back than the brake pedal so when you are on the brakes your then level with the throttle but I couldn't get enough movement to get full throttle then so now all 3 pedals are inline.

I have been looking at the engine end to see if I can get more leverage somehow.

[Edited on 11/2/08 by stuart_g] Rescued attachment Throttle at full movement.JPG
Rescued attachment Throttle at full movement.JPG

marc n

posted on 11/2/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
hi all
stuart
yours is correct ( all three should be in line )
finlay
have you got a pic of where you have mounted the pedal box ??, you should not have to mod pedal at all !!! , unfortunately the mod you have done to pedal is no good as it has the possibility of colliding with bias bar, meaning throttle activation whilst braking

cheers

marc

bassett

posted on 11/2/08 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Marc is there any chance you could post a picture of a correctly fitted 3 pedal box to a chassis with the diagonal in the bulk head just so i can see how far across you have placed it.
Cheers
Adam

finlay

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
hi Marc

dont worrie, its just the angle of the photo, the bias bar is miles away from the throttle so there wont be that problem, all 3 peddles are in line and the mod i did to the acclerator peddle means i have loads of adjustment forwards and backwards on the throttle peddle

cheers

Finlay

quote:
Originally posted by marc n
hi all
stuart
yours is correct ( all three should be in line )
finlay
have you got a pic of where you have mounted the pedal box ??, you should not have to mod pedal at all !!! , unfortunately the mod you have done to pedal is no good as it has the possibility of colliding with bias bar, meaning throttle activation whilst braking

cheers

marc

[Edited on 12/2/08 by finlay]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.