Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Turbonator
Davey D

posted on 4/9/07 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Turbonator

I wonder how many people are actually duped by these pieces of junk

they claime a minimum of 10bhp gained lmao upto 30bhp.... why havent all the big car manufacturers fitted these as standard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290157212372&ih=019&category=72205&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1#ebayphotohosting />
[Edited on 4/9/07 by Davey D]

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/9/07 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Heyyyy - it must be a great product - the price has gone up from £19.99 to £49.99 in the past month!!! Maybe i should buy the last 10 at that sort of inflationary figure and then sell them for £125 next month!!

Vortex generator indeed!!! Can we have a group swamping of questions to his account??

akumabito

posted on 4/9/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant stuff in the description!

quote:
BUY 3 TURBONATORS
AND MAXIMISE YOUR CAR'S PERFORMANCE!!!

Yup, that's right! You need to put in three of these things to gain up to 30Hp AND save over 30% fuel..

quote:
***FITS ALL CARS from 1.6 to 6.0 cc!!!***

So... real cars are out then, I suppose?

Funny stuff. Almost as good as those electric superchargers.. Bet the profit margin on these is quite a bit higher though!

scoobyis2cool

posted on 4/9/07 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
That's amazing. Someone should tell all the big car manufacturers that they can forget about their research into alternative fuels, all they need to do is put a cheap bit of crap (sorry, THREE cheap bits of crap) into their engines, and it's problem solved!

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gazza285

posted on 4/9/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Bullshit baffles brains.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pajsh

posted on 5/9/07 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Extract from the website:

"If you don't feel comfortable installing it, have your mechanic do it for you. If he doesn't install it for free, find a new mechanic."

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

Ninehigh

posted on 16/2/09 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to revive this thread but I had to look up this item, and now they reckon it can give you up to 55bhp and up to 31% increase in mpg. Doesn't a full on turbo unit add 50+?

Mind you they do say "up to" so f**k all is "up to..." The pictures look like it'll decrease power...

cd.thomson

posted on 16/2/09 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
this part is my favourite (how does he know how much petrol im using?):

THE NUMBERS TALKING...

Savings Per Year :

A 10% increase in MPG will save you: $ 100
A 24% increase in MPG will save you: $ 240
A 31% increase in MPG will save you: $ 310

HP Calculator

How much horsepower does your vehicle have? Example: 100

With 10% more horsepower, your vehicle can have 110 HP
With 20 more horsepower, your vehicle can have 120 HP
With 35 more horsepower, your vehicle can have 135 HP

The Price Performance Ratio

More Power: 35 HP boosts are not typical. Your results with the Turbonator will probably, but not necessarily, be less. Just keep this in mind. A Vortech Supercharger kit for a 2004 Mustang that produces 155 HP boost costs $5,139.95 (plus installation costs). The Price/Performance ratio is $5,139.95/155HP = $33.16/HP. It costs $33.16 for every one horsepower it produces. Some of the people in above tests have attained as many as 35, ten times more horsepower per dollar than any turbocharger or supercharger

Craig

Ninehigh

posted on 16/2/09 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
I asked him how I get flat air when it's being pumped in... This is his reply

Hi,

yes it will add power to your car 100%. I guarantee this.

Thank you.

- bagrados

Still not convinced, but might make one for a laugh and see what happens

Liam

posted on 17/2/09 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
WOW!!

With a few of these, one of those windmills for the exhaust, a Brown's gas kit and some strategically placed magnets, I calculate I can roughly quadruple the power of my engine whilst using a quarter of the fuel

chrisg

posted on 17/2/09 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think it works on the cat/toast principal

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Ninehigh

posted on 17/2/09 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
I think it works on the cat/toast principal

Isn't that about toast always landing butter side on the cat?

cd.thomson

posted on 18/2/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
are you joking?

everyone knows that by buttering a piece of toast and tying it butter side up to a moggy you can basically falsify newtonian physics.

Its where Einstein got his ideas from.

The toast/cat entangled particle fails to hit the ground either feet first or butter down but is said to exist in a state instantanteously between the two.

Thats before you look out of the 4th floor window and the observation forces the entangled particle into a single state. Namely - cat jam on toast.

[Edited on 18/2/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/2/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
are you joking?

everyone knows that by buttering a piece of toast and tying it butter side up to a moggy you can basically falsify newtonian physics.

Its where Einstein got his ideas from.

The toast/cat entangled particle fails to hit the ground either feet first or butter down but is said to exist in a state instantanteously between the two.

Thats before you look out of the 4th floor window and the observation forces the entangled particle into a single state. Namely - cat jam on toast.

[Edited on 18/2/09 by cd.thomson]

I like that

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.