Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Earth points
RichardK

posted on 6/4/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Earth points

Have nearly finished my chasis at long last just a few more welds and grinds and that jobs a good un

I am planning on welding in some bolts to act as earth posts, but where is the best place to put them?

I was thinking of down near the starter motor, (left hand side engine mount plate) and basically then one at each corner to help with earthing for the lighting.

As always your suggestions will be most appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 6/4/07 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I have 1 at the back 1 at the front and 1 under the scuttle were the fuse box is
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snapper

posted on 6/4/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have..... Battery earth to starter motor bolt, starter motor bolt to chassis, chassis to engine ( starter motors are usually mounted to bellhousing) battery small earth to local chassis, and finally don't forget (if you have rubber gearbox mount) bridge gearbox mount to chassis.
You can't have to many earths.

Rubber thing dangling from under car to road with lightning symbol on it.....NOT.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

02GF74

posted on 7/4/07 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
battery - starter or engine, then to chassis; saml earth strap from gearbox to chassis.
turbodisplay

posted on 7/4/07 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I`m not using earths (apart from what will flow via engine> gearbox > prop >diff > chassis).

I know the have a tendency to corrode due to electrolitic effects (please correct me if i`m wrong).

Using a large earth cable for eaths , plus a starter earth.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
wilkingj

posted on 7/4/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
This is what I did.

Earth Lug (My Welding!!!)
Earth Lug (My Welding!!!)

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.