Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Fluid Level Sensor/Switch
2cv

posted on 10/2/07 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Brake Fluid Level Sensor/Switch

Following my thread of yesterday, I have a couple of Rally Design remote reservoirs without level switches. I would like to use them if possible and I wondered if anyone knows of a compatible cap that has a switch incorporated and would fit the reservoirs and save me having to get a different reservoir.

Thank you for your help

RazMan

posted on 10/2/07 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
You could always put your own float switch in the existing reservoir (assuming you have room)
RS do a really neat one which I used in my custom reservoir. Rescued attachment Float switch.jpg
Rescued attachment Float switch.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
2cv

posted on 10/2/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Raz, thank you very much for the info. What a relief!

thank you once again

RazMan

posted on 10/2/07 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
No problem - here's some dimensional data for you Rescued attachment Float Switch.gif
Rescued attachment Float Switch.gif

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
2cv

posted on 10/2/07 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Raz, thank you for taking the trouble to post the dimensions of the switch.

I have had a look at the RS catalogue and have seen a vertical switch. This might suit me better because I believe at the SVA test, you have to demonstrate that the switch works and this might be easier if it were attached to the reservoir lid and just by lifting it out of the fluid should satisfy the man, providing the light comes on!!

BenB

posted on 10/2/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
No guarantees here but often remote resevoirs use the same thread as the Ford motors do. Certainly Girling MCs accept a Ford screw cap. One way of checking (other than getting some scrappy reservoir sensor caps and seeing if they fit) is to buy an Eazibleed. Useful bit of kit to have around and by looking at which screwcap fits you'll be able to tell if its Ford thread. If it is, the sensor caps are easy to get new- best not to use scrapper ones as the sensors rust up if exposed to water and 90% of the brake system I've seen in scrappers have been waterlogged!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.