Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine height
splitrivet

posted on 13/6/03 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
engine height

What sort of height have you guys got at the cambelt end above chassis rails with a pinto engine.Mine seems awful high, the rear end seems ok for a book scuttle+1.5 inches.By the look of it I'd need a nose cone the size of a dustbin,also what nose cone would you recommend.Might just scrap the 7 type nose cone and make one like that GM hotrod concept car they made in the 90's (forget the name of it ,was it a fury) which looked cool.It may save a lot of hassle.
Bob

stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/6/03 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
do you mean a plymouth prowler -- this was actually made and I think is a pretty cool adaptation of a locost concept.

perhaps I shoulda tried one of those...

atb

steve Rescued attachment plymouthprowler.jpg
Rescued attachment plymouthprowler.jpg

Peteff

posted on 13/6/03 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is about 60mm higher so I put a lump (scoop) in the bonnet to clear it. I wanted to finish it so I didn't go into any great complications, just cut it out and riveted it on. Now I'm used to it I don't even notice it. Rescued attachment fine3.JPG
Rescued attachment fine3.JPG

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

splitrivet

posted on 13/6/03 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I'll measure mine (the engine) when I get home tonight pete.Yep thats the one steve doesnt that just look beautiful, you can just see a locost chassis under that skin.That front looks awful easy to make too just one oval shape above the other a bit of bendy ply and some glass fibre and Im yer mums brother.......
Bob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.