Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: donut mobile will be up for sale.
donut

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
donut mobile will be up for sale.

God this is a tough thread to write...but here goes.

Some may be aware of a post regarding a close encounter with a Clio and another car last week -
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=48994

Anyhoo I happened to mention it to the wife in passing (as you do) and she went a bit bananas, Basically saying that she hated the car, hated me going out in it and not to put too finer point on it said that it's gotta go. To say I was surprised was an understatement and I had no idea that she felt that way! I tried to argue that I have only had it on the road for a week etc but she really wants it gone!!!!!

So it will be up for sale very soon as its still summer, I may pop it on ebay but I’ll give people here 1st crack.

All details can be found here> http://www.cobraworkshop.co.uk/forsale.html
I know I was having issues with driver comfort but they were being worked out but hey ho

I'm going to carry on with the MK Owners club for the time being and I will still be on here. I ain't gonna stop having me fun out on the roads, it just won't be in the car I spent the last 8 months building!!!

Anyone wishing to take the mick, wind me up or post any other derogatory remarks please post here and NOT on the for sale section.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
LMAO

I'll check the betting ,i'm sure someone had july 23rd

Pezza

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Gutted for you mate

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

stevec

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Andy,
Really sorry to hear your news, But I can relate to it cos my wife went mental when I binned my ZZR600 Kawasaki. And it had to go.(what will we all do if you are killed on that stupid bike) The conversation went.
Maybe when us guys have moments we should keep it quiet.

andyharding

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
You guys are nuts. Get rid of the wife not the car/bike!

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Wadders

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a real shame, could you not keep it as a track only car?
big_wasa

posted on 23/7/06 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Had that conresation before, Funy it was the bos not the wife putting on the most presure after hearing the words 170 mph

Shhhhh dont tell them these are a death trap as well

bob

posted on 23/7/06 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Donut

If you was driving your VW sharan and a car pulled out on you making you swerve in a heart stopping moment would mrs nut be wanting you to sell the VW.

OX

posted on 23/7/06 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
how anyone can let there wife rule them like that i'll never know
TimC

posted on 23/7/06 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Crikey.

I guess I must be lucky - while my partner has concerns, she'd never stop me from persuing my dream......

You only get one shot at life buddy...

andrews_45

posted on 23/7/06 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I had the same conversation with my wife last year, hence the Scooby and Ducati were sold. I got myself a cheap track bike and am in middle of building a locost racer.

If you sell it you'll regret it, use it for track use only. Last thurs I binned my bike on track and was ok, bit of gravel rash on my leathers but ok. I'll no doubt crash my car when out on the track. Its just a part of the experience of driving fast...

Take her to a track meet and let her see the safety aspect of tracks, after all there are no clio's that will pull out on you

...If all else fails, put the wife on ebay

Winston Todge

posted on 23/7/06 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

I agree with the other sentiments posted how you can call a woman who dictated such dracoonian terms awife is beyond me.

Sorry if this offends but seriously, grow some balls!!!

Some people have different types of relationship and priorities. Donut keeping his wife happy is obviously higher up on that list than his car...

'Grow some balls?' That is really not an opinion and more of a statement that in my mind is quite offensive.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 23/7/06 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I for one would be having serious reservations about such a marriage.

I would expect a remark like that from CaLviNx!!!! (insert expletive here!! LOL) What the hell do you know about me and my wife of 18 years. Naff off to Cyprus why don't you!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

It wasn't a shouting match, she was genuinely concerned, so much so that she want's it gone. It is only that she cares about me (all say ahhhh ) I just wished she told me 8 months ago before i started building the car.

Also i don't work and i'm a kept man so i can't complain too much!

Bob, who won the bet?

[Edited on 23/7/06 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

ch1ll1

posted on 23/7/06 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
BAD NEWS MATE,
SORRY TO HEAR THAT!

but i agree with what you said !
at least you can start another project soon !

GeoffT

posted on 23/7/06 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Andy,

That's one lovely looking car, and I reckon if you sell it on a 'knee jerk' reaction to a row with the missus you'll once again be regretting it big time in a week or two's time.

Sort the driving comfort issues you talked about (i.e. wind & sidescreens) which will make YOU feel a lot more inclined to keep the car, then hopefully you can tempt her out for a gentle spin in the passenger seat, and maybe change her attitude towards it. At least give it a week or two for the 'dust to settle' before you seriously try to sell it.

Look forward to seeing it at Newlands with YOU in the driver's seat....

ATB, Geoff.

froggy

posted on 23/7/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
andy ,perhaps you can put the bits i brought you into something a bit more stealthy. my wife is quite ok about my kitten as she thinks that putting a 1000cc motor in to replace the 850cc one is a bit pointless ,to quote her " whats the point in that its only a little bit bigger!"
marcyboy

posted on 23/7/06 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
i'm not saying a word....

but i can type loads....lol

(i'm sure i'm stating the obvious here but we all knew you would sell it )

blimey does this mean she won't let you loose on a cobra with a big V8 then...because they really are widowmakers !!!

Surrey Dave

posted on 23/7/06 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
What a surprise!!

I feel sorry for the people who built the car!!

Does this mean Jason can put his car in your garage for a while and polish it off?

DIY Si

posted on 23/7/06 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried the pointing out the fact that the chances of you running in to something this manoeverable are relatively slim? That they go, stop and corner well enough to allow you to avoid the wallies in clios? Would you, for example, have been able to avoid the clio in your tin top?
Fozzie

posted on 23/7/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, but I can say loads here, but I won't, I was totally expecting this post Andy-Mate!......
I think it has all been said above, much more eloquently than I can at this point.

As a female, I just hope that you aren't blaming all of this on Mrs Donut (therefore invoking an anti-female v cars thing), just coz you scared yaself sh*tless the other day........it happens when you drive any vehicle on the road......

A very upset and disappointed......Fozzie

Oh.....DLT...he say......Ya big effing WOOSE

[Edited on 23/7/06 by Fozzie]

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

donut

posted on 23/7/06 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Tell DLT i love him too

Andy

Fozzie

posted on 23/7/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Tell DLT i love him too

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

marcyboy

posted on 23/7/06 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
how long have you had a thing about beards...
do they remind you of something ?

john_p_b

posted on 23/7/06 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
gutted for you but respect for putting humans before lumps of metal.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Hellfire

posted on 23/7/06 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Eeeee lad...

What are you going to do now? I guess sit and watch TV pretending to be happy... until you find something else which may (or may not) be as dangerous.

I respect you and your priorities... people with other opinions are either single, dictatorial or somewhere down the line will get their cummupance. No names no pac-drill...

Hope you find happiness Donut...

ATB

Steve
OBO Hellfire

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.