Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Design critique requested - La Bala Front
sgraber

posted on 20/10/04 at 02:34 AM Reply With Quote
Design critique requested - La Bala Front

Can some of you guys give me a hand designing a decent front end for La Bala?

I had an idea that I could borrow a look from a supercar... I do like this, but it's not original is it...

Here is the original image. - If you would like to try your hand at designing a front end for my car, Go wild!

More images Here

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
I love speed :-P

posted on 20/10/04 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
make em pop up

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
derf

posted on 20/10/04 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
I like the gills, and the center section , but the smaller holes in between look like poop, Try a smaller fog light, build into the area to break up the open space, the headlights need to be the flip up kind ala' older style NSX lamps.

Of you can throw a couple of small missles down there and call yourself 007.

sgraber

posted on 20/10/04 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
but I hate pop-ups...

Steve Graber

derf

posted on 20/10/04 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
then maybee smaller round ones (like alan) only side by side.
MikeRJ

posted on 20/10/04 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Pop-ups suck, not only do they doubel as air brakes they are a PITA to fit and adjust.

The two small round lights look nice. However, my styling abilities are somewhat poorer than the average bit of roadkill so I won't attempt to butcher the front of your car...

Mark Allanson

posted on 20/10/04 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
They are also prone to problems, one of my X19's, in wet weather, would pop up the right and drop the left on full beam and vice versa on dip, and on sides, they would slowly alternate - trick - eh

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Peteff

posted on 20/10/04 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Projector headlamps with perspex covers are all the rage this year I've heard. Rescued attachment Labalafront.jpg
Rescued attachment Labalafront.jpg

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

phelpsa

posted on 20/10/04 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Get rid of the little hole at the bottom pete.

[Edited on 20/10/04 by phelpsa]

David Jenkins

posted on 20/10/04 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I like the projector lights, but without the covers (like on the front of the Alfa Spyder?)

David

indykid

posted on 20/10/04 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
i agree david. anyone fancy a demonstrative pic? i know mine was shocking

and pete, was that design ultima inspired at all? bears a passing resemblence

tom

Peteff

posted on 20/10/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ultima's a lot lower.

Bears a passing resemblance to lots of cars of the genre. There's not a lot more you can do without rebuilding all the front. You get rid of the hole in your version Adam, I like it. It gives it a face. I've just looked at some Ultima pictures and they are more shark nosed with the grill on the front, not really like my doodle.

[Edited on 20/10/04 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

sgraber

posted on 20/10/04 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
hmm - projectors without covers. With the long rake involved on the fender I think that that would create a very significant cutout. Not very aerodynamic.

To be noted - the line cut into the fender is to be the centered height of the headlight according to my local department of motor vehicles inspection requirements. No lower...

Steve Graber

derf

posted on 21/10/04 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner

This version is more aerodynamic. I started to design it, and found it looked more and more like 3rd generation 94-03 Acura integra, the only difference being that the headlamps are farther away from the front bumper and mounted on a slant from each other ( / ), mounted on the "wheel humps", the yellow thing is a turn signal, again, like the integra, center grill is again 3rd gen integra after the 97 facelift

derf

posted on 21/10/04 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Image deleted by owner

After I posted the integra style front end, I started to think of other cars that might look good, here's the wrx lights on it

kind of looks porche-ish

[Edited on 21/10/04 by derf]

sgraber

posted on 22/10/04 at 04:13 AM Reply With Quote
I like the Integra style round lights, that might be doable. I wonder what that yellow thing is though? The Subbie lights are not so hot.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out guys.

Graber

Steve Graber

derf

posted on 22/10/04 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
The yellow light is the integra style turn signal that wraps around the corner of the front bumper, it goes from front to side. Not sure if your state requires it, but I do know that NJ, NY, CA, MD, GA, SC, NC, CT, MA, and OH do require that the turn signal be viewable from the front and side. Thats why all USDM cars have the light on the front and side.
chrisf

posted on 26/10/04 at 04:03 AM Reply With Quote
IMHO nice, thick (2" or so), louvered airvents across the hood is needed. The first pic is the best as well, but the smaller vents, indentions flanking the grill are not needed. They clutter the look. The side gills are very nice. I think you should try to incorporate the side gill theme to the hood.

--Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.