Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what are the implications
Jon Ison

posted on 26/11/11 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
what are the implications

Of turning the throttle bodies a few degree's (say 20) to aid bonnet clearance, anyone done this what where the down sides ?

Would I get away with 4 x silicone hoses ?

MkIndy7

posted on 26/11/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
I can't see any problems, there mounted at all sorts of funny angles. I've even seen the injectors firing from underneath R1 ITB's
Obviousley they don't have float chambers in them like carbs (which is why you needs to keep them in the correct orientation)

Steve Hignett

posted on 26/11/11 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I think Mark Chandler altered his angle to suit his application - and that was fitting TB's to an older Blade...
adithorp

posted on 26/11/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
The only implications are to do with effect of increasing the length of the intake and also the aim of the injectors not being directly at the valves. Turning them upside down has been done, but there's some evidence of the spray pattern/atomisation not being as reliable at low revs.
I've heard of people having trouble with the TB's coming adrift from silicone hose where the original rubbers are shaped to the TB's but the silicone isn't. A support bracket would solve that though.

Some recent chat here on the Sylva list. Don't know but you may need to register to see it.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Dusty

posted on 26/11/11 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I would have thought you would have a bit of fun linking the butterflys as they will no longer be in a straight line.
Doh. You don't mean turning them that way. You mean like a bent manifold to level them out. Ignore me. Bad night.

[Edited on 26/11/11 by Dusty]

mark chandler

posted on 26/11/11 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Like so

TB's
TB's

Mine still makes good power, as its blown I guess less of a concern on flow.

I have a hard kink as I needed to lathe a grove for the TB rubbers to locate in, if NA you should be able to use nice bit of curved metal.

Regards Mark

beaver34

posted on 26/11/11 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
i out a 45 on mine, ran for 2 years no issues, gains a little torque from inlet length

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.