Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1st Motorbike?
Peteff

posted on 27/11/06 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
Know your and your bikes' limitations and you'll survive.

I mean the capabilities of the two together . I know mine will do 115 flat out and how far I dare lean it and it will scare me long before it lets go or decks anything. If you feel confident to get your knee down and push it to the limit that's o.k. but if you chicken out and hit the brake you are going to come to grief big time. Better to have it slide out from under you than throw you off the high side. It's a long time since I landed in the ditch and luckily nothing was coming the other way.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DEAN C.

posted on 28/11/06 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

but if you chicken out and hit the brake you are going to come to grief big time. Better to have it slide out from under you than throw you off the high side. It's a long time since I landed in the ditch and luckily nothing was coming the other way.

Reminds me when I was younger and dafter,at 17 years old riding a 200cc yamaha,a bloke in the queue of traffic thatI was overtaking decided he wanted out and U turned without looking.
I was going too fast and being inexperienced couldnt get around or brake so decided to leave the bike in his wheelarch and try my hand at gliding!!

that was 25 years ago and I think I have a lot more road sense,saying that I have lost a couple of mates on bikes and have another thats paraplegic.
But if you dont do the things that you enjoy,then whats life all about?
I wont be wreckless but I'm intent on doing as much as I can before its too late.

When thinking about driving,riding or life just remember,you dont know whats around the corner!
All the best everyone,Dean.

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.