Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brands Hatch this Sunday - 11th June
Deckman001

posted on 11/6/06 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Had a great day out, even considering the sunburn !! Wifey thought it a bit busy in the Lotus box hense we moved out to the Grandstand and got a the sunburn, was a fab day out though
I tried to tell Dan about the Jam and gave him an alternative route, It only took me and extra 15 mins to get home with the detour, Might even be better/safer than the M25 back to Croydon

Jason

shortie

posted on 12/6/06 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to everyone who came along, was an excellent day and some excellent racing.

Really good to meet a few new people and put some faces to names of people on the forum.

I can't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to get the box again as they are often not used for the Locost\RGB meetings.

I think maybe I will get a little something for Paul and Lotus on Track for letting us use the box, I'm sure he waon't want anything but would be a nice jesture from the Locost boys.

For any of you thinking about doing trackdays then LoT (www.lotus-on-track.com) really do some excellent days and at very good prices significantly lower than any I have seen and the driving standards are excellent.

Rich.

donut

posted on 12/6/06 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'm really miffed i couldn’t make it so hopefully next time i'll be there.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scutter

posted on 12/6/06 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Back home in Oxford now, thankfully the jam was caused by rubber neckers going clockwise and i managed about 15-20 mph(just enough to keep the rad cool)

A big thanks to Rich for sorting it out, i would have raced you onto the motorway but there was a long way to go and i'd have only have cooked the engine a few miles down the road. Looks like louts on track guys maybe getting a few more memberships.

Bob that Picture looks like the M25 when i got to it.

ATB Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 12/6/06 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Dan we saw you in the que on the slip to the Mtwentycarpark, we went straight on towards Westerham and cut through to Redhill before joing the M way again

Fozzie

posted on 12/6/06 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, we did, but headed off before getting to Redhill, went through Merstham and rejoined at J8!
Dan, I found out later that although the accident was on the anti-clockwise, the back up of traffic on the clock-wise was due to the police halting the traffic to allow the Air Ambulance to land, pick up and take off!.....
Glad you and the car got home safe and well
Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.