Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Over and over and over and over again
Mr G

posted on 8/10/08 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Over and over and over and over again

quote:
I was installing a fire alarm system, but I was actually given the wrong type of ladder. My left hand was crushed and I dislocated my right shoulder.....

I called the National Accident helpline who pointed out to me that the last time they saw anyone using a wooden ladder was in a Laurel and Hardy film so I should of realised what the outcome of using it would be.

Force fed down your throat every day you turn on the tv these days over and over!

quote:
The floor was wet and had no warning sign, as as I'm carrying too much 'timber' I seriously damaged my knee when I fell on it - I managed to sue my employer for a nice tidy sum putting him out of business with the loss of 5 jobs.

At least I hav'nt seen Yes car credit for a bit... and as for ocean finance

[Edited on 8/10/08 by Mr G]

iank

posted on 8/10/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
You missed the 'I'm June Whitfield, and if you're over 50 sell your house to this group of sharks for 50% of it's value and then be turned out on your ear when they decide the want to sell it from under you'

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Ninehigh

posted on 3/11/08 at 02:20 AM Reply With Quote
Bunch of tools... "I was installing a fire alarm..." so you were on your own then, which means you've done it before... You can't do that kind of job without hours of h&s bull and they tell you not to use improper equipment. His fault whichever way you look at it.

"I was walking and tripped over something"

So sue, it's far easier than looking where you're going isn't it you stupid c**k?

Oh yeah the other one's the wet floor... I've only slipped once on a wet floor, and it was my shoes that made it wet, and I walked inside in a huff...

I should do my own adverts

quinnj3

posted on 3/11/08 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
I called the National Accident helpline who pointed out to me that the last time they saw anyone using a wooden ladder was in a Laurel and Hardy film so I should of realised what the outcome of using it would be.

i'm an electrician and when I was starting out (just a few years ago) we were told that we were only to use wooden ladders as metal ladders and electricity don't really mix! Now I don't remember a time since that I have used wooden ladders but that beside the point.

Just a load of money grabbing ******** who are crippling our economy by claiming damages for the smallest injury. Not so bad if the company is at fault but I always think that an individual should have enough common sense to assess a situation and decide for themselves if the equipment they are provided with is safe to use. If they cannot do this then they are not capable of doing their job and should be let go.

my aim is to build my own locost wether it takes me a week or 10 years to get started, i'm sure i will sometime

smart51

posted on 3/11/08 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
I take it that if you people are involved in an accident that is not your fault, you'll put it down to experience and won't sue?
Ninehigh

posted on 3/11/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
It depends really, you're told by the health and safety people not to use defective or substandard equipment. So if you do and know not to then it's your fault. If you get rammed by forklift guy who's not looking where they're going it's their fault. This is why I have to wear a high-vis vest...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.