Board logo

Bogg Bros LTD
Robin_hood - 8/4/08 at 10:09 PM

After the great response on beefing up my pinto engine a bit.
I have heard that a company called Bogg Bros can hook me up with a kit to fit straight on without to much work on my part.
Can anyone let me know if this is the case
Or any further info on what they do would be great

Cheers

Miks15 - 8/4/08 at 10:14 PM

i believe bogg bros do custom fabrication, im not sure if they do off the shelf parts, here is the website which you can have a browse about.

mookaloid - 8/4/08 at 10:14 PM

http://www.boggbros.co.uk/

Where in the world are you? There may be some one local to you who would help out

Cheers

Mark

Robin_hood - 8/4/08 at 10:20 PM

Just starting out with it all, i'm hoping once we eventualy get some sun in scotland, i will get a chance to meet people that can help out. But for now i'm kinda in research mode

Cheers

Scott

Dingz - 8/4/08 at 10:30 PM

Are you really Robin Hood or building one?
I have a Boggs manifold and bike carbs, fitted and ran fine, probably the prettiest bit of my car. I had great service from them, and very good at setting stuff up on their rolling road apparently.

[Edited on 8/4/08 by Dingz]

Dingz - 8/4/08 at 10:32 PM

Picture that should have been with last reply! Rescued attachment carb top.jpg
Rescued attachment carb top.jpg

Robin_hood - 8/4/08 at 10:36 PM

bought one built as its my first time, it runs great. just want a little more out of it. im sure once summer arives i will meet quite a few people that will help out local to me
This site has been a huge help though

worX - 8/4/08 at 11:41 PM

I am probably the last person to tell someone "what's what" but you may want to summarise what costs you are going to pay out for the gains you intend to make and then when all the considerations have been taken into account, that's when you will be converted to bike engine!s!!!

Steve

caber - 8/4/08 at 11:53 PM

If you are within driving range of Edinburgh I believe there is a regular 7s gathering on second Thursday of the month at Flotterstone Inn, Ii might be going to take a look this week, rain permiting ( no hood yet!)

Caber

SeaBass - 9/4/08 at 07:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caber
I believe there is a regular 7s gathering on second Thursday of the month at Flotterstone Inn

Since when??

Tell me more?

JC

carlknight1982 - 9/4/08 at 07:49 AM

about £565 for a set jetted properly to suit give them a ring

DarrenW - 9/4/08 at 08:00 AM

Boggs will do as much or as little as you want and will quote accordingly. i found them to be extremely friendly and advice was always freely given. I opted to get them to just make manifold and then rolling road tune once i got it all up and running. They will also take your car in and give you a call once its all running and tuned if you prefer. Its all a question of money and time i guess. I had loads of time and not much money. If i had some pocket money and wanted car ready to enjoy the best of the weather then id go for the drive in drive out option.

They have a good supply of carbs if you cant get any. I saved money by mixing and matching second hand bits but it took quite a while to get it all together.

I recommend giving them a call.

mcerd1 - 9/4/08 at 08:04 AM

I got my ZX9R carbs from bogg's,

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/mcerd1/Dax/IMG_3948.jpg

I've very happy with them so far - but still haven't built the engine for them

the biggest problem with bogg's seems to be they are really busy - I had to wait about 4 weeks for mine, and that was quick at the time

hopefuly I'll drive the car down for run on there rollers - its a bit of a drive, but I like the yorkshire back roads

phoenix70 - 9/4/08 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
quote:
Originally posted by caber
I believe there is a regular 7s gathering on second Thursday of the month at Flotterstone Inn

Since when??

Tell me more?

JC

Yeah Since when, they must be keeping that meeting quiet