Board logo

engine height
splitrivet - 13/6/03 at 08:58 AM

What sort of height have you guys got at the cambelt end above chassis rails with a pinto engine.Mine seems awful high, the rear end seems ok for a book scuttle+1.5 inches.By the look of it I'd need a nose cone the size of a dustbin,also what nose cone would you recommend.Might just scrap the 7 type nose cone and make one like that GM hotrod concept car they made in the 90's (forget the name of it ,was it a fury) which looked cool.It may save a lot of hassle.
Bob

stephen_gusterson - 13/6/03 at 09:09 AM

do you mean a plymouth prowler -- this was actually made and I think is a pretty cool adaptation of a locost concept.

perhaps I shoulda tried one of those...

atb

steve Rescued attachment plymouthprowler.jpg
Rescued attachment plymouthprowler.jpg

Peteff - 13/6/03 at 09:14 AM

Mine is about 60mm higher so I put a lump (scoop) in the bonnet to clear it. I wanted to finish it so I didn't go into any great complications, just cut it out and riveted it on. Now I'm used to it I don't even notice it. Rescued attachment fine3.JPG
Rescued attachment fine3.JPG

splitrivet - 13/6/03 at 10:03 AM

I'll measure mine (the engine) when I get home tonight pete.Yep thats the one steve doesnt that just look beautiful, you can just see a locost chassis under that skin.That front looks awful easy to make too just one oval shape above the other a bit of bendy ply and some glass fibre and Im yer mums brother.......
Bob