Board logo

crossflow dizzy
phil m - 3/12/06 at 02:33 PM

Does anybody have a picture of a distributor with a side exit cap fitted to a cross flow with side draughts please.

I fitted a non-vac advance dizzy prior to the carbs and ran the engine with a normal cap, but with the carbs on and the side exit cap I need to move the dizzy to get the cap on? Also it points to the back of the engine- is this right ?

Phil

thunderace - 3/12/06 at 03:31 PM

will this pic help Rescued attachment Copy of 235_9.jpg
Rescued attachment Copy of 235_9.jpg

Fatgadget - 3/12/06 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by phil m
Does anybody have a picture of a distributor with a side exit cap fitted to a cross flow with side draughts please.

I fitted a non-vac advance dizzy prior to the carbs and ran the engine with a normal cap, but with the carbs on and the side exit cap I need to move the dizzy to get the cap on? Also it points to the back of the engine- is this right ?

Phil

Also it points to the back of the engine- is this right ?

You can point a xflow dizzy any direction as long it does not foul on anything...makes no difference.

D Beddows - 3/12/06 at 04:48 PM

To to be off topic for a second - what is that car in the picture thunderace?

phil m - 3/12/06 at 06:08 PM

Thanks for the info

Phil

Peteff - 3/12/06 at 06:22 PM

as long as the rotor is pointing at the segment when it's supposed to be or no spark will appear

02GF74 - 4/12/06 at 10:57 AM

slight off topic ; re: photo by thunderace

I see the HT leads are cable tied to gether - that is not something recommended and can cause misfiring.

leads should be far from each other and if they need to cross, they do so at right angles.

D Beddows - 4/12/06 at 11:23 AM

But what is the car??

gazza285 - 4/12/06 at 03:21 PM

Looks like a Dutton B+.

Mr G - 5/12/06 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
But what is the car??

That's Jorg's modified Phaeton S2

Full details

Cheers

G