Board logo

Pleasant A series engine parts
DIY Si - 22/3/06 at 08:49 PM

Just thought you might be interested before I put it all back together. The valves are 37.5mm inlet, and can't remember what size exhausts. Tried to get a pic down the inlet runner, but camera doesn't like it. Rescued attachment cylinder head small.jpg
Rescued attachment cylinder head small.jpg

DIY Si - 22/3/06 at 08:49 PM

And... Rescued attachment cylinder head small2.jpg
Rescued attachment cylinder head small2.jpg

DIY Si - 22/3/06 at 08:50 PM

And a little closer....
Ps it's not that blurry in real life.

[Edited on 22/3/06 by DIY Si] Rescued attachment chamber small.jpg
Rescued attachment chamber small.jpg

emsfactory - 22/3/06 at 09:27 PM

Nice. Is it Tracket inlet and cream egg exhaust or the other way round?

DIY Si - 22/3/06 at 09:35 PM

um.... no idea at all what you're on about there mate!

Ah, the light dawns bright. Both are Tracker.

[Edited on 22/3/06 by DIY Si]

owelly - 22/3/06 at 10:01 PM

Good head matey....

02GF74 - 22/3/06 at 10:03 PM

those are big valves

are the inlets un-saimesed? have the ports been enlarged?

DIY Si - 23/3/06 at 06:58 AM

Whilst I've been told there is a way of un-siameseing an a series, it's really not worth the hassle. The ports are about as big as you can get. They've all broken through into the push rod holes and been sleeved back to cover the holes. The biggest vavles my local mini place ever fit is 38mm, so at 37.5 I said they're a reasonable size It's basically one step down from an out and out race head. And used on my daily run/sprint about.

Peteff - 23/3/06 at 10:28 AM

Do you have any problem where the valve seats meet, it looks a likely candidate for cracking if it gets hot enough. My old mini was a sod for burning exhaust valves.

DIY Si - 23/3/06 at 07:29 PM

For some reason it hasn't happened. Yet There's a 15 thou gap between the valves and the engine is only ever run with the lead replacement stuff. The engine also rarely gets past 75/80 C anyway. I run a large side rad with a heater matrix in the front in series. Doesn't even get off the stops of the guage in winter! The highest I've ever noticed it was just past 90C after I dropped half the coolant on the floor at Tesco.