Board logo

What Radiator is this?
MakeEverything - 7/9/10 at 06:24 PM

Does anyone know what radiator this is please? I want to replace it with the same or something the same size at least. It has two plastic dimples on the bottom for mounting, and two on the top under the tube that is in the picture.

What Rad?
What Rad?

Rad Height
Rad Height

Rad Width
Rad Width

gavin174 - 7/9/10 at 06:27 PM

looks like a polo rad to me.

omega0684 - 7/9/10 at 06:35 PM

thats not a polo rad, inlet and outlets are on the same side on the polo rad i think

RichardK - 7/9/10 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
thats not a polo rad, inlet and outlets are on the same side on the polo rad i think

You are correct, not a polo, but dont know what it so not being helpful am I.

Sorry

Rich

gavin174 - 7/9/10 at 06:44 PM

you're right I stand corrected..

sorry its not a polo rad.

dhutch - 7/9/10 at 06:48 PM

Cant really help, but its definitely not a polo/golf rad because as said, they have inlet/exit on the same side and also because they have parallel ends not tapered.

Presumably no makers plate, part number, anything?

What is it made of, core and end caps? Is it ali or copper? Plastic ends or not?

Daniel

MakeEverything - 7/9/10 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Cant really help, but its definitely not a polo/golf rad because as said, they have inlet/exit on the same side and also because they have parallel ends not tapered.

Presumably no makers plate, part number, anything?

What is it made of, core and end caps? Is it ali or copper? Plastic ends or not?

Daniel

I think the fins are copper, but it has been painted! The end caps are plastic.

No manufacturers plate or part number.

Mark Allanson - 7/9/10 at 07:32 PM

I would say a modified Micra K10, the filler is missing as you would if using a header tank.

MakeEverything - 7/9/10 at 08:55 PM

I dont think its modified as the caps are plastic. Also, on the micra rads, the mounting studs are on the plastic caps, not the rad itself like mine.

Chippy - 7/9/10 at 10:17 PM

Take it to your local rad repair shop, they will tell you straight away, may even do it with just a photo. I did it with an old rad that I had obtained, they told me and it cost £160 for a new one, Cheers Ray

MakeEverything - 8/9/10 at 08:33 AM

I just found out that this is a Maestro Radiator!!!!

Holy shit!

Xtreme Kermit - 8/9/10 at 07:24 PM

Wow!

Stick it in a museum - quick...

Mark Allanson - 9/9/10 at 08:25 PM

Please Sir, whats a Maestro?

bob - 10/9/10 at 11:20 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Maestro