Board logo

Carb- what is it?
James - 7/5/04 at 02:06 PM

Ned kindly gave me the downdraft carb from his 2.0 Pinto Sierra but I'd like to know which model it is.
I don't have a picture unfortunately as my Dad's got my camera in Belgium.

It's a weber with a 6 pin plastic connector and a round black plastic thingy as well!

There was one on a Robin Hood car at Stafford and someone posted a picture of a similar carb recently- 'cept now I can't find it.

Anyone got any idea what I'm on about from the frankly shokkinly unhelpful description?

Cheers,

James

ned - 7/5/04 at 02:40 PM

does this pic help?

Ned.

oh and james, it was me who took the pcs of the one on the robinhood for you too, you muppet

[Edited on 7/5/04 by ned]

this one?

pinto weber carb
pinto weber carb

[Edited on 7/5/04 by ned]

Mix - 7/5/04 at 02:48 PM

A fine example of an ultra Locost with a transverse mounted Pinto. Don't go much on the driver comforts though.

Mick

stephen_gusterson - 7/5/04 at 02:53 PM

the tyres are lacking tread too....

theconrodkid - 7/5/04 at 03:00 PM

thats the steper motor (idle speed controller)on the carb,probly be better to get the right one for the job

James - 7/5/04 at 03:38 PM

So I need a new carb then?

Beginning to think this injection lark might be a bit easier!

James

James - 7/5/04 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned

oh and james, it was me who took the pcs of the one on the robinhood for you too, you muppet

That'd be the one then!

Cheers,

James

Mark Allanson - 7/5/04 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James
So I need a new carb then?

Beginning to think this injection lark might be a bit easier!

James

...and cheaper too, mine cost me £15

Peteff - 7/5/04 at 06:35 PM

I've got the same carb on mine with the stepper motor and auto choke removed. I also turned it round on the manifold cos of the diaphragm. I had to dent the rocker cover to allow that and move the linkage to the other side but it works o.k. You don't need the choke, just nurse it till it warms up and there's a threaded hole to put a tickover screw already in as well. I'll put a picture up tomorrow if you want.

[Edited on 7/5/04 by Peteff]

bob - 7/5/04 at 10:27 PM

James

i have a proper 32/36 webber in the garage thats been completely refurbed,special price to you of £35 cash
( no food and tea alternative)

[Edited on 7/5/04 by bob]

NS Dev - 8/5/04 at 08:27 AM

I'd buy that James!! The one in the pics is vac secondary and only 26-32? or was it 28-32 can't remember, either way, compared to the 32-36 it is crap! The vacuum secondary is one of those inventions you really do not want.

The 32-36 is mechanical progressive secondary and much better, used them for years and as a cheap carb either that or the 38dgas from the 3 litre capri take some beating.