Board logo

Guitarists Alert!!!
Surrey Dave - 27/5/05 at 11:33 AM

I've justy got hold of a Boss Gt-6 effects unit , and would like a copy of GT6 Manager editing software for the PC , any offers?

flak monkey - 27/5/05 at 11:42 AM

Nice, very nice

You can download patches etc from here, there is some form of mangaer software in the 'utilities' section:

http://bossgtcentral.com/modules.php?name=Downloads

David

[Edited on 27/5/05 by flak monkey]

Peteff - 27/5/05 at 12:41 PM

Well I've just got a Seiko quartz tuner and found the chords to Postman Pat, rock on.

jonbeedle - 27/5/05 at 01:22 PM

I did a jazz gig and had to play through dinner and I did Postman Pat as a Bossa Nova...nobody noticed!
I also did the Rainbow tv theme at a gig this week but that's another story!
Boss GT6 software? Go on the Line 6 forum someone on there will point you in the right direction.
Cheers
Jon
By the way I might sell my Hughes and Kettner AS64 programmable amp. Awesome bit of kit all built in fx etc. Watch this space!
Cheers for a second time......Jon

gazza285 - 27/5/05 at 09:09 PM

Never lend me an effects pedal, not if you ever want it back.

Surrey Dave - 28/5/05 at 02:42 PM

Should have :

Behringer Midi foot controller , and Boss GX700 guitar rack preamp/effects unit for sale soon...........

Peteff - 28/5/05 at 04:19 PM

I've only got a 12 watt practise amp but I'd like a Zoom 505 or something to play with. One day I'll get one.

jonbeedle - 28/5/05 at 06:32 PM

Pete,
get yourself a Line 6 Pod...ultimate guitarists toy!
I used one on my solo album. You can hear the result if you order a copy!!!
Cheers
Jon

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I've only got a 12 watt practise amp but I'd like a Zoom 505 or something to play with. One day I'll get one.

flak monkey - 28/5/05 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

Apologies if the spellings crap, Ive been out and had too much to drink...

I have the Zoom 505 and its a great little pedal. I payed around £75 for mine, with a mains adapter. Its got enough effects on it to be usful to a home player rather than a gigger. Plenty for what I want anyway! And completely programmable as well. Good starter effects unit.

David

Surrey Dave - 29/5/05 at 12:53 PM

On last nights performance ,could have a boss gt-6 for sale soon!!!

My longest lasting effects unit was a Boss ME5 really warm sounding , i'm not sure about these modern digital modellers, i've had a Behringer V Amp, Pod 2.0 , 3 Boss Gt3's, .

My GX700 is a modeller but seems to have some warmth , I've also got a Roland GP 100 which sounds good , but I was trying to get rid of the midi pedal so thats why I'm trying the GT6 , I'll have to try some programming without an amp model.

I also have a Zoom 506 'Shadows' echo really good for what it is.

And I use a Zoom RFX 2000 programmed by Echoes From The Past ,in conjunction with my GX700 , Hank would be proud of the sound, people watch your fingers to see if you're miming,

[Edited on 29/5/05 by Surrey Dave]

zilspeed - 29/5/05 at 02:07 PM

My current setup.

Brain Moore i91.13
Roland VGA3
13 pin lead.

Err - that's it. All the effects are in the amp, and I control it all from the guitar without footswitches. I previously had a VGA7, but it was officially a 'two man lift'. Only thing I miss from that was the digital capo and alternative tunings.

Think of my current setup as an alternative to a Variax and a Vetta - does all the same things the same way.

Surrey Dave - 29/5/05 at 02:58 PM

Why is it at some point we all think we look great in sunglasses Rescued attachment daveysg sml.jpg
Rescued attachment daveysg sml.jpg

zilspeed - 29/5/05 at 04:58 PM

Hides the crow's feet ?