Board logo

Destroyed Europa
Mark Allanson - 30/4/04 at 07:36 PM

Just watched 'Monster Garage', last week was good, this week they utterly destroyed a nice looking Lotus Europa and made it into an ineffectual hovercraft - Shame Rescued attachment Buggered Europa.JPG
Rescued attachment Buggered Europa.JPG

Peteff - 30/4/04 at 07:50 PM

The bloke who does the voice over got on my tits so I switched off.

steve m - 30/4/04 at 07:50 PM

A real pity as you dont see many about

and what a s**t programme, I wont be watching that again

steve

[Edited on 30/4/04 by steve m]

macspeedy - 30/4/04 at 08:03 PM

what the f was that about, that would be worth about £5000 in good nic!!

robinbastd - 30/4/04 at 09:25 PM

It probably seemed like a good idea to the tosspots behind the programme,did it not occur to them that they might just alienate their viewers by trashing a Lotus.
They probably cycle to work.
As for the voiceover........f'in annoying.
I'll not watch another episode.

mangogrooveworkshop - 1/5/04 at 08:27 AM

That was crap and the death of chapmans chariot is criminal. Bit like that other crapheap challange (was good till the placed so much new stuff) I had on the tele in the garage and dont think I will tune in again.

I have been researching a hover Craft project for some time and worked out that a large heavy lump stuck on one end of the platform was not the way to go as you added to it by sticking a thrust engine on top of the weight you already had down that end.................that unbalanced platform drag and sink!!!!!!!

[Edited on 1-5-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

Noodle - 1/5/04 at 01:47 PM

A colleague of mine was on Scrapyard Challenge. He told me that when they say that the teams have 15 mins left, they gave them 2.5 hours!

Never seen it myself.

Cheers,

Neil.

Surrey Dave - 1/5/04 at 03:35 PM

Yeah! Made me wince a bit!!

But I would n't mind a Locost Hovercraft project, any good sites out there for it?