Board logo

My life is over.
zilspeed - 31/1/10 at 05:29 PM

Bye bye GTI
Hello Synergie....

Actually, it's quite a usefull thing.
Smooth as a smooth thing and carries lots of junk in a tipwards direction.

It's either or

Haven't made my mind up yet.

A friend who has had one for 7 tears tells me that if I take all the seats out of the back, a single mattress fits right in there. Race weekends without having to share the errr "funk" of other team members seems like a good thing... Rescued attachment Synergie small.jpg
Rescued attachment Synergie small.jpg

UncleFista - 31/1/10 at 05:30 PM

Hehe, top post, love the pic of it peeping self-conciously out the garage

I've been looking at Multiplas this week, I've decided against.....

tomprescott - 31/1/10 at 05:32 PM

They are decent imho, my dads had one for ages, done over 250k miles with very few problems!
Ideal cheap workhorse!

blakep82 - 31/1/10 at 05:33 PM

brillant photo lol

when needs must eh?

GMPMotorsport - 31/1/10 at 05:38 PM

I have a Citreon C8, tows the trailor loaded with car and tyre rack full of tyres plus all the tools etc in the back of it and still returns low 20's (Diesel)

zilspeed - 31/1/10 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
Hehe, top post, love the pic of it peeping self-conciously out the garage

I've been looking at Multiplas this week, I've decided against.....

Multipla - 6 seats in two rows of 3 and a usefull boot behind. What a great thing.
From the inside....

Had I not bought this and if I could have found one at the right money, I would have bought a Scudo combi.
Same seating arrangement as the Multpla plus a van bit behind.

The pikey in me loves a van...

big-vee-twin - 31/1/10 at 05:53 PM

Motoring equivalent of Corduroy trousers.

LOL

bimbleuk - 31/1/10 at 05:55 PM

I still have some silly desire for a Toyota Townace "Golden lounge". 6 swivel chairs and the rear seats fold out to make a bed. Perfect towing and race HQ.

UncleFista - 31/1/10 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Multipla - 6 seats in two rows of 3 and a usefull boot behind. What a great thing.
From the inside.

Yeah, they're brilliant to look at, from the inside, but it's the inside that wears. The ones in my price range look like they've spent every mile with half a dozen angry chimps in the back destroying the plastic interior....

iscmatt - 31/1/10 at 06:28 PM

haha love the photo!

zilspeed - 31/1/10 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
I still have some silly desire for a Toyota Townace "Golden lounge". 6 swivel chairs and the rear seats fold out to make a bed. Perfect towing and race HQ.

True, but as you drove it into your street, all you would hear would be the sound of heavy hammers knocking wooden posts into the ground followed by 'for sale' signs being nailed to them.

The thought of driving a square plated Lucida into my quiet little corner of suburbua stopped from commiting just such a crime the other night whilst at the local auctions...

Some things really are beyond the pale.

nick205 - 31/1/10 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk

I'm with you on this - there's something strangely enticing about them, just not sure I could bring myself to actually do it though.

Simon - 31/1/10 at 07:41 PM

I love my Espace

(Going to that from my ZT260, which I also loved)

On the subject of Toyota's, I saw a big one on a documentary about the people in (may have been Malaysia) that a woman had been able to buy and was using for ferrying people to and fro the airport - anyone know which model it was?

ATB

Simon

dhutch - 31/1/10 at 09:58 PM

Cracking, we have an 806, and i can confirm the internal space once the seats are out massive.

AT the of my a-levals i had to take my project home. A near full height oak bookcase.

It was 1000mm wide and 1950mm tall. Having told the dt teacher that i was taking it home he said 'do you have a big trailer then' i said we had a few trailers but i was just going to stick it in the back of mums car as it less likely to me damaged.
He helped my carry it out to the car (without having seen it) i remember watching him the whole time as he CLEARLY thought he was going to be carrying it back into the workshop again. Mum opens the tailgate and he's still clearly not convinced.
Lower it to bumper level, rest it on the flat loading cill, and slide it between the wheel arches upto the backs of the front seats and shut the tailgate. Snug as a bug.
The look on his face was priceless!

And yes i had measured it before hand.

Only thing to watch we have found it the clutch. Fine when its on its own, but it pays to be careful with a trailer especially on inclines as we've had to get it done twice in last 8 years. Just shy of 200k but it did do the first 40k as a 'demonstrator' and clearly got ragged.

Annually family holiday to salcombe.

Greenlaning (not as good as the montego but with some snow chains on it will get over most ground, although as luck would have it the aux pulley failed over the weekend, you can still see the snowchain marks on the wheels)

The bookcase that fitted!

Daniel

[Edited on 31/1/2010 by dhutch]

PAUL FISHER - 31/1/10 at 10:01 PM

There's nothing wrong with people carriers,I love my Nissan Elgrand,8 seater,they fold flat for a bed,Ive slept in it a couple of times,great for track days etc,had it for nearly 3 years now,just can't part with it,its just too handy