Board logo

6.3mm blade connectors
shortie - 31/8/05 at 06:11 PM

Just wondered if anyone could tell me what the max amps for a 6.3mm blade connector is?

ta,
Rich.

Hellfire - 31/8/05 at 06:14 PM

16A IIRC

theconrodkid - 31/8/05 at 06:17 PM

red is 8.75/blue 17.5/yellow 32 amp

Hellfire - 31/8/05 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

I only use the uninsulated ones (FB6) as they are much cheaper. The one's which you buy the little clear boots for - what A are those? Take upto 5.5mm^2 wire

I found these to be the best.... dont get em from Maplins metal is too brittle - tabs snap off!

wilkingj - 31/8/05 at 07:02 PM

I get all mine from Blue Beehive, never had any problems. Good and Quick service and good quality bits.

Nitrogeno25 - 31/8/05 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

I only use the uninsulated ones (FB6) as they are much cheaper. The one's which you buy the little clear boots for - what A are those? Take upto 5.5mm^2 wire

I found these to be the best.... dont get em from Maplins metal is too brittle - tabs snap off!

BTW, where I can I get a really crimping tool for that onw?? because I get 2 and destroy like 10 connectors!

Thank you

theconrodkid - 1/9/05 at 06:26 AM

5.5 should be blue size,17.5 amp,agree about them breaking,thats why i use the insulated ones from blue beehive and a decent crimping tool

jos - 1/9/05 at 07:52 AM

http://www.bennetts.com/tools/handtools?contentId=41980

Bennetts do a ratchet crimping plier. The one you want is the green handled pair but I have no idea how to make sure you get the green handled pair as all three pairs seem to have the same order code.

Nitrogeno25 - 1/9/05 at 01:45 PM

Thank you, I tried one of these but I can't get good results, maybe I'm not using it correctly but I have some connectors proffesionally done and it's a big difference.

Thank you very much.

quote:
Originally posted by jos
http://www.bennetts.com/tools/handtools?contentId=41980

Bennetts do a ratchet crimping plier. The one you want is the green handled pair but I have no idea how to make sure you get the green handled pair as all three pairs seem to have the same order code.

davidwag - 4/9/05 at 06:31 PM

hi,

I bought a pair of the blue handled ratchet crimping pliers from Premier wiring.

A bit dear @ £30 but first class crimps.

I'm now on my third complete wiring loom. plus all the day to day stuff i do.

Won't do flag terminals but does do the pins for Emerald ECU multi-plug / mini timer multi-plug etc.

David

Hellfire - 4/9/05 at 11:19 PM

For the non-insulated terminals you need these
on this page HERE marked as PR4 and are £26.38.

Sorted

davidwag - 5/9/05 at 07:08 PM

These are the pliers that I use

David Rescued attachment Crimping pliers.JPG
Rescued attachment Crimping pliers.JPG

davidwag - 5/9/05 at 07:09 PM

And this is a terminal i crimped with them.

David Rescued attachment Crimped terminal.JPG
Rescued attachment Crimped terminal.JPG

Nitrogeno25 - 5/9/05 at 07:23 PM

That looks very good.

Thank you davidwag,

Thank you Hellfire.

quote:
Originally posted by davidwag
And this is a terminal i crimped with them.

David