Board logo

Hazard and Indicator problem Still
Kitlooney1000 - 25/2/04 at 08:49 PM

Although the car is 95% complete, I am still having problems with hazards and indicators. the problem is when you press the hazard switch ( from an astra, 7 spade connections) all the indicator lights come on but dont flash, if you take out the relay, they still come on. when you indicate left or right , they dont flash with or with out the relay. this is driving me spare. any ideas would be grateful .... please..

flak monkey - 25/2/04 at 09:01 PM

See the thread under this one for a simplified diagram of the hazard circuit. Though you have probably already seen it!

Just checking

David

Kitlooney1000 - 25/2/04 at 09:35 PM

sorry cant find the diagram

flak monkey - 25/2/04 at 09:45 PM

This is the diagram i was on about. Though its probably not what you were after! was worth a try i spose

from here

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=11092

David

[Edited on 25/2/04 by flak monkey] Rescued attachment scan0002.jpg
Rescued attachment scan0002.jpg

JoelP - 25/2/04 at 09:45 PM

the problem is mixing and matching different components. i would reccomend going back to basics - find out how hazards work in general, find out a good aftermarket way of doing it (on a kit car wiring type of site - ask if you want a link!), find out how the astra switch works in an astra, and then work out a solution. Will make you feel much better!

it does sound quite complex having a 7 spade switch, does this do the indicators as well as the hazard? is the relay built in too?

wouldn't it be great if someone made a little black box that just does everything!

Staple balls - 25/2/04 at 09:45 PM

it's about 1/2 way down http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=11092

Kitlooney1000 - 25/2/04 at 09:51 PM

Thanks guys, may have to rethink the switch, too many connectors

A Badger - 25/2/04 at 10:45 PM

Seven connectors sounds about right. Look at the top disgram the switch has 9 connections. If you do have a specific warning light for the hazards, but use the existing indicator lights you would only need 7 connectors.

Andrew

A Badger - 25/2/04 at 10:47 PM

It's just hit me--- where have you placed the relay? Look at the diagram the relay comes before the switch rather than after.

Andrew

Kitlooney1000 - 26/2/04 at 09:14 PM

I think i have figured it out, i seem to have bypassed the relay some how, the power is going straight to the switch, not the relay. also i have an electronic relay in there not a bi-metallic one, well thats what i think is wrong, let me know if you know otherwise.