Board logo

honest officer, I was just cleaning it, and it went off!
vinny1275 - 22/7/08 at 03:24 PM

oops

David Jenkins - 22/7/08 at 03:27 PM

That's a court-martial offence in the military...

...shouldn't be surprised if he's off the firearms squad when he's mended.

carpmart - 22/7/08 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
That's a court-martial offence in the military...

...shouldn't be surprised if he's off the firearms squad when he's mended.

I bloody hope he is off the squad if he can't even clean it without having an accident and shooting himself!

Mr Whippy - 22/7/08 at 03:57 PM

I would have thought you normally took the bullets out first before cleaning a gun?

mistergrumpy - 22/7/08 at 06:16 PM

quote:

That's a court-martial offence in the military

No its not. 7 years in the RAF as an armourer. The last time it happened when I was in, it was costing just shy of £1000 and maybe a charge to boot. Unless you knew a friendly armourer who could supply you with a bullet to match the rest and you obviously didn't have the hole in your body that blatently gave the game away

David Jenkins - 22/7/08 at 06:30 PM

Ah - I'd heard first-hand of an army bod who was court-martialled for it (accidental discharge of a rifle during an exercise - although it was with blanks and had that yellow gizmo across the muzzle). Maybe he had some 'previous' and that was the last straw...

mistergrumpy - 22/7/08 at 06:37 PM

Aye its taken very serious but basically a charge is given for whatever the offence is, negligent discharge (N.D.) in this case and the person disagrees with the charge they can opt to go to court martial. Most people were put off it though because of the heavy outcomes and the threat of the 'glass house'.
We had a few in Iraq and oddly enough it was generally coppers. You'd hear the bang then see them running away into the distance in panic.

DarrenW - 23/7/08 at 04:06 PM

Why be flown to hospital for a hole in his hand? couldnt they have just taped a plastic bag around it and drove him there? Is Diesel really that expensive??