Board logo

Digital Telly!
mistergrumpy - 11/5/08 at 04:04 PM

Utter crap! Absolute rip off idea whoever thought that we all HAD to have this sh1t needs a booting Weather started lashing down and thundering about 2 hours and has cleared up now but I've barely been able to watch owt cos it just keeps jumping and clicking. Not even ITV which was fine before this digital nonsense. I had to buy a box and a hoofing great aerial which has to go in the attic because I live in a bungalow and the neighbour won't let me put it on the side of his house in case it gets struck by lightening! This on top of the sodding license fee. Bah rubbish!
And I've not been able to do much else today because of this stonking hangover which I accept no responsibility for Bleeding heads swimming and telly's clicking at me, I tell you someone's going to cop for it before the day's out!

Mark Allanson - 11/5/08 at 04:48 PM

Definately not a misnoma

carpmart - 11/5/08 at 05:23 PM

your not a happy chappy are you!

donut - 12/5/08 at 04:22 PM

I bet he drank Carling Black Label

Peteff - 12/5/08 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
I had to buy a box and a hoofing great aerial which has to go in the attic because I live in a bungalow and the neighbour won't let me put it on the side of his house in case it gets struck by lightening!

I don't follow this bit, why not put it on your bungalow? It will not receive through a layer of tile and felt but you could try an amplifier on it.

mistergrumpy - 12/5/08 at 09:07 PM

Ah well. My street is on a slight incline but the houses run straight level in sets of 3's and mine is the end one meaning that when looking out of my window which is on the side, alls I see is knee caps. So if it weren't for the small trees and stretch of garden you'd probably be able to take a running jump and land on the roof. So th'aerial points into the incline of the street if that makes sense.
I tried attaching it to a tall post on the side of the house but it looks really unsightly and wobbles in the wind disturbing the signal.
Incidentally, I wasn't 100% right still this morning from that sodding hangover. Not suffered that long for a while.

[Edited on 12/5/08 by mistergrumpy]

iank - 12/5/08 at 10:21 PM

Ah, you fell for the advertising BS of 'better quality'. The whole reason for digital is to pump more channels full of adverts into your home. The reduced bitrates they run to get more channels into the freeview frequencies gives all those horrible artifacts in the pictures, especially when there is lots of quick movement. Reception may improve a little when they shut down analogue but don't bet on it.

While you're not going to like the answer the best solution for you, assuming Murdoch is out, may be the new BBC satellite service launched this month.

http://freesat.co.uk

mistergrumpy - 13/5/08 at 06:21 PM

I've got Virgin landline and broadband and I believe that I could get freeview through the cable for free. Problem being is I can't get past India and I just refuse to try and deal with them any more.