Board logo

Work related Accident
mistergrumpy - 24/4/08 at 06:27 PM

My mate just sent me some pictures through that are used for training in the RAF of what not to do. This accident though was mine and to make it worse it was my first day as a new Corporal.

Image deleted by owner

Image deleted by owner

Image deleted by owner

[img][/img]
I'm not sure who was most shocked. The fellow in the van behind, as one of the cases flew past his window or me as I heard the bang and watched the trailer bunny hop behind me. Note the missing primer cap on the round on the right. A 2/3 day hunt across the bottom of the airfield with metal detectors as well to find that. It never came to light. I like to think it gave one of the magpies a shock
The heads of the rounds didn't travel so far but the cases did and I had to close the whole Northbound runway

[Edited on 24/4/08 by mistergrumpy]

David Jenkins - 24/4/08 at 06:34 PM

Those are BIG rounds! What are they - 50 calibre?

mistergrumpy - 24/4/08 at 06:35 PM

27mm Mauser gun. They make big bangs too

omega 24 v6 - 24/4/08 at 07:28 PM

Ah well accidents happen Did you get a rollicking

mistergrumpy - 24/4/08 at 07:32 PM

Kinda. It got put on my permanent record though. I wonder if its the same record that follows you from primary school? Hmmm? I remember you were only allowed to view your record on one day of the year which you had to give notice for and the date was never publicised. That was their attempt at freedom of information

Mr Whippy - 24/4/08 at 07:52 PM

oops

oh well so long as no one was hurt, I'm sure you weren't the only one to learn a lesson that day and I doubt you'll make the same mistake again.

[Edited on 24/4/08 by Mr Whippy]

mistergrumpy - 24/4/08 at 07:54 PM

Too right. I packed the job in nearly 2 tears ago. Bad pay, bad treatment, just not fun any more and they were clamping down on drinking sessions

Confused but excited. - 25/4/08 at 12:57 AM

Could have been worse.
At least it wasn't a bucket of instant sunshine.
Now that would have looked bad on your record.