Board logo

could it be done
omega 24 v6 - 13/9/07 at 10:23 PM

In light of the FIA's recent fundraiser does the locost group think that a worldwide appeal for donations would raise enough cash to pay Mclarens fine???

iank - 13/9/07 at 10:46 PM

Not a snowball's chance in hades.

smart51 - 14/9/07 at 07:18 AM

Could it be done? Yes, £50M is not that much money if divided by, say 50 million people. If you put a bit more in each, it wouldn't take that many.

Would it be done? I doubt that enough people care.

[Edited on 14-9-2007 by smart51]

DIY Si - 14/9/07 at 08:34 AM

I've with Smart51 on this. Yes it could be done, however it won't get done as McLaren don't have a cute baby faced child to wheel out for sympathy, or similar. Can you see Mr and Mrs Self-righteous funding those cheating, air polluting nasty men in their silly little fast cars who just go round in circles all day? Not likely. Besides, the fine isn't the real kicker, it's the lose of constructors points which will damage their pay check for this and next year, IIRC.

[Edited on 14/9/07 by DIY Si]

t.j. - 14/9/07 at 10:17 AM

I think everbody thinks they have enough money.

Hellfire - 14/9/07 at 12:15 PM

If you appeal to the right people/organisations, then it would be quite easy to raise that sort of money with very little effort.

Phil

[Edited on 14-9-07 by Hellfire]

locogeoff - 14/9/07 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by t.j.
I think everbody thinks they have enough money.

Ron himself has said the company is in good shape and it will not be a problem.

FFS you can build a sportscar for £250 apparently

sgraber - 14/9/07 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
however it won't get done as McLaren don't have a cute baby faced child to wheel out for sympathy,

ummm... - What about HAMILTON?

Of course he still gets his drivers points so what does he care?

scoobyis2cool - 14/9/07 at 06:25 PM

I'd like to see you build a competitive F1 car for 250 quid No really, I would...

Pete

DIY Si - 16/9/07 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
however it won't get done as McLaren don't have a cute baby faced child to wheel out for sympathy,

ummm... - What about HAMILTON?

Of course he still gets his drivers points so what does he care?

If he was losing out to other drivers, then maybe, but since he's winning, no-one would really be willing to help. If he was struggling at the back, then it may be different. Wheeling out the winning driver to ask for cash wouldn't go down well me thinks!