Board logo

err, so what has he actually done?
02GF74 - 9/10/09 at 04:04 PM

US President Barack Obama has said he was "surprised and deeply humbled" to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Ofcourse he is surprised , he has done FA, or have I missed something?

MikeR - 9/10/09 at 04:48 PM

he's given us all hope - that appears to be enough these days.

Although being frank, i think i could have got the nobel peace prize if i got the job after the last bloke!!!!

Mark Allanson - 9/10/09 at 06:06 PM

In the same time frame, George Dubyah Bush had invaded 8 countries, deposed 12 governments, started 4 wars, detained without trial 4.3 million people and run over next door cat.

MikeR - 9/10/09 at 06:22 PM

See all i've done is welded a few bits of metal, earned some cash going to work every day and had a few drinks.........

between me and Dubya ..... i'd get the noble peace prize

02GF74 - 10/10/09 at 08:07 AM

heard he was nominated for the prize 14 days into his presidency!! WTF???

if he had any boallls, he'd refuse to accept the prize; he has already given back the $ 1.5 mill to charidee so good for him.

Benzine - 10/10/09 at 08:11 AM

if he can get the wheels in motion for a 2 state solution for palestine/israel then i'll be impressed

02GF74 - 10/10/09 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
if he can get the wheels in motion for a 2 state solution for palestine/israel then i'll be impressed

yeah, but the prize is for what he has done, not about ifs....

BTW Mr B, have you come across Muslimgauze?

Benzine - 10/10/09 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
yeah, but the prize is for what he has done, not about ifs....

BTW Mr B, have you come across Muslimgauze?

Yeah I was trying to imply that I don't see what he's done. I can't see him doing anything for palestine either. I hope I'm wrong though

I've not heard muslimgauze, just wiki'd it but i'm on dial up so can't check it out on youtube, any good?

02GF74 - 10/10/09 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
In the same time frame, George Dubyah Bush had invaded 8 countries, deposed 12 governments, started 4 wars, detained without trial 4.3 million people and run over next door cat.

yeah but BO has not done any of that, in fact I haven't along with 99.999999999999999 % of the world's population yet I nor them gotr the peace prize.

02GF74 - 10/10/09 at 04:39 PM

quote:

I've not heard muslimgauze, just wiki'd it but i'm on dial up so can't check it out on youtube, any good?

hard to describe themusic but goes under industrial tag; samples played back repeatedly with eastern drums.

not radical death metals so unlikley to your test.

lo fi india abuse (or something like that) would be a good intro. the man behind it, Bryn Jones, deceased < 2000, released proably a 100 records and proabably the same number rerleased after his death.

Ninehigh - 11/10/09 at 07:26 AM

quote:
but i'm on dial up

Bloody hell how many of you are left?

Benzine - 11/10/09 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

not radical death metals so unlikley to your test.

I don't exclusively listen to metal That would be awful

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
but i'm on dial up

Bloody hell how many of you are left?

mobile internet via dongle on the laptop, we use it when travelling or when I have my laptop at my workshop, it's fast in 3G areas but around here it's sloooooowwww but better than nothing ^_^

Ninehigh - 12/10/09 at 06:59 PM

Ahhhh, yeah they can be a bit slow

Back on topic did anyone get the official reason why he won? I heard it on the radio but I wasn't really listening