Yep here

[Edited on 2/10/09 by mistergrumpy]

prawnabie - 2/10/09 at 08:02 PM

yeah but still a good video

Steve Hignett - 2/10/09 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
yeah but still a good video

Could you imagine (I can't because I'm crap at that sort of bike riding etc!) the natural high's he must feel when doing most of the stuff that he does just for fun?!?!?

RK - 2/10/09 at 10:50 PM

I downhill raced for years and I can tell you that what he is doing is so bloody hard it isn't funny. Unfortunately, when people see grown men practising things on their bikes, they give you a look as is you're hanging around a primary school, so it's difficult to even practise!!

The accidents hurt quite a bit too, in case that isn't clear. There are a few people I know it wheelchairs now who tried that stuff.

[Edited on 2/10/09 by RK]

eznfrank - 3/10/09 at 07:27 AM

It makes all that free running stuff look a bit poncy really!!

02GF74 - 3/10/09 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RK
I can tell you that what he is doing is so bloody hard it isn't funny.

yeah, look at the first clip where he is riding along the railing - if he came off the bike, chances are he would drop legs akimbo onto the rails!!

Staple balls - 3/10/09 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RKThe accidents hurt quite a bit too, in case that isn't clear. There are a few people I know it wheelchairs now who tried that stuff.

Yep, seems to me that mountain biking (and related offshoots) can end up a remarkably dangerous sport.

I think maybe 3 of the 8 people I used to ride with (including myself) ended up with some level of lasting brain damage, one to the point he sees things that aren't there (like staircases where there's railings)

All through our own stupidity and by choice though, so it's okay

3GEComponents - 5/10/09 at 11:50 AM

Great vid, great skills, this is one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5DdSRMgJ0

Kind regards

John

RK - 5/10/09 at 01:04 PM

Well, we should make a distinction between extreme trials, and regular trials. What Mcaskell is doing is beyond most trials riders, maybe not in skill, but what he is doing. I don't think "normal" trials riders are putting themselves in too much danger.

And yes, all downhill racers will sustain a serious, potentially handicapping injury at some point.

TimC - 6/10/09 at 12:43 PM

I'm surrounded by quality push-bikers. One of my best mates is Rob Breakwell who rides downhill for Dirt Magazine. He's still finding his way back after a horrific double elbow break when seriously over-cooking this:

Also one of these lads, Gav (navy T-shirt and no front wheel) works for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHe3m1AaaJ0

[Edited on 6/10/09 by TimC]