Board logo

Could be painful...
02GF74 - 10/2/09 at 01:52 PM

.... should you slide forwards!!! eeek!

Mr Whippy - 10/2/09 at 03:10 PM

I've bought bike mags before that have choppers covered in spikes and blades.

Really I wonder what other planet these Geniuses come from...or do many motorcyclist go out of their way to try and die in the most spectacularly gruesome way possible??

Peteff - 10/2/09 at 04:38 PM

I think you'll find that a lot of these show bikes are not really for riding, just to sit on and have your picture taken.

Macbeast - 10/2/09 at 11:16 PM

I always wondered with American Chopper etc how they can build a bike / car from the ground up, stick some petrol in and then hammer off onto the road. Don't they have to register them, pass some kind of MSVA ?

Mr Whippy - 11/2/09 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
I always wondered with American Chopper etc how they can build a bike / car from the ground up, stick some petrol in and then hammer off onto the road. Don't they have to register them, pass some kind of MSVA ?

yeah I noticed that too, just assumed they'd simply left that out, though most of the bikes are trailered to shows first, usually the reason for mad deadlines. Either that or they like in the middle of nowhere and just risk it.

Marcus - 11/2/09 at 01:10 PM

ISTR if you are listed as a manufacturer, you can take unregistered cars / bikes on the road.
WRT spikes, I'm of the opinion that more spikes equal more careful riders. Indeed I believe car airbags should have spikes on them. Would make you think twice before doing owt stupid. Oh and every car should be able to remotely set off another's spike incase they are seen being a dick!!