Board logo

Why , oh why..........
clairetoo - 11/1/09 at 10:59 PM

.........do they put good films on so late , when there is nothing on all day
I was just off to bed , and noticed `once upon a time in the west` is just about to start on film four . And it dont finish till 2.25 am

DIY Si - 11/1/09 at 11:09 PM

That's what Sky+ is for! Or any of the other freecorder type boxes.

Mr Whippy - 12/1/09 at 07:11 AM

as above, though I'd not touch sky anything again, a freeview harddisk recorder is what you want, we have two in the house now, one for me and one for missy, tv sucked before we got them. Now I never miss anything I want and I can fit the tv round me plus no more adverts

carpmart - 12/1/09 at 10:40 AM

Agreed with OP! Sky+ is the answer!

Hellfire - 12/1/09 at 12:57 PM

What's wrong with sticking a tape in the video recorder and taping it?

Phil

DIY Si - 12/1/09 at 05:05 PM

Blimey, do tape players still exist?

focijohn - 12/1/09 at 06:30 PM

is sky + HD worth the money?

donut - 12/1/09 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by focijohn
is sky + HD worth the money?

We had Sky Plus HD fitted before Xmas. We had the Std Sky for 5 years before that.

The Sky+ bit is fantastic and has been a godsend over Xmas. Very clever bit of kit.

HD, well the Sky+ HD box gives better pic quality on normal channels anyway but the HD is very good 'IF' you have a huge TV and/or sit quite close to the TV.

I find that with LCD TVs, if you get to a certain distance away from the screen you can see the pixels on screen. This doesn't happen with HD.

In many cases the HD version of a normal programme is not that different to the norm but if you're a fussy bugger like me then it will be worth it. It will also be worth it if you get a good deal.

BBC documentaries are very good on HD but they will be available on most free view box's soon anyway.

If you're not that bothered then stick with Sky+ which is as said very clever and HD will only be worth it on a 1080i HD TV.

Is it worth the money?.... for me YES!

[Edited on 12/1/09 by donut]