Board logo

Nando's
mistergrumpy - 5/12/08 at 09:11 PM

Just been to Nando's for the first time with some mates. Is it just me who can see it or is this place a total rip off? They point you to your seat, the menu's over complicated so I just had whatever someone else was having as I often do, experience new things and all.So I sat waiting for the waitress. Oh no, you have to go up yourself and pay. Righto then. I'll have a coke too because I'm driving, okay here's a glass. Eh? Yeah go and fill it yourself. Erm..right. Sit down, where's the knife and fork? Oh, over there, go get it yourself. What! Up and down like a jack in't box. Then, I get a chicken breast on some fancy bread, chips which I notice they're putting into a McDonalds type cardboard pocket thing then pouring onto a plate and a corn on't cob and they wanted £9 for that. What a rip off! I've done everything bar cook the food and it's no different to a McDonalds meal. Rubbish!

jos - 5/12/08 at 09:21 PM

I felt the same. Interesting experience but i doubt i'll ever go back again

rusty nuts - 5/12/08 at 09:26 PM

Went into the Cambridge branch for my last birthday, read the menu , got up and walked out Went into Tex Mex place a few doors away and had a brilliant meal!

smart51 - 5/12/08 at 10:24 PM

But you can have chicken, with a chicken accompaniment and a side dish of chicken. Only KFC offer that and you don't have to eat it out of a bucket.

Liam - 5/12/08 at 11:11 PM

Had you not been a clueless noobie, you could have done all that in one trip. I've only ever had the standard BBQ'd chicken - never tempted by any of the 'dishes' on the menu. Quite tasty, but perhaps a little pricey for what is basically fast food, i suppose, if you want to be a miserable complaining g*t

TheGecko - 6/12/08 at 02:02 PM

I've never tried Nando's here (my wife has one near work and quite likes it) but their advertising is certainly interesting! linky thing

mistergrumpy - 6/12/08 at 06:31 PM

Nice. Unfortunately nowt like that in real life though.

donut - 9/12/08 at 01:08 PM

They are always very busy when i go past the resteraunt in Croydon and theres no shortage of resteraunts!

I have had Nando's twice and really enjoyed the grub but i steered away from the piri piri sauce!!

Benzine - 9/12/08 at 02:42 PM

<3 wagamamas