Board logo

eh what?
theconrodkid - 28/2/04 at 07:38 PM

got no sound on my compo,was working till a web cam buggered it up now it says no sound card/hardware installed???unless the mice have been in there how do i get it back(in simple terms please)

JoelP - 28/2/04 at 07:42 PM

check the settings in the control panel. sorry if thats obvious!

theconrodkid - 28/2/04 at 07:47 PM

audio device-volume page-no audio device fitted---other end of page thing-audio working corectly?as confusing as a woman

Hellfire - 28/2/04 at 10:24 PM

sounds like you have installed software and it's conflicted with your soundcard. Is your Webcam USB? If so, did you install webcam before installing software - it's a common problem.

Uninstall software, disconnect webcam, Re-install - fit webcam.

Failing that sounds like your soundcard has gone pop. I had one recently! Made a very strange noise before it died...

Hope this helps!

theconrodkid - 29/2/04 at 07:12 AM

doh cheers ill read destructions next time

flak monkey - 29/2/04 at 11:29 AM

Uh may sound obvious but have you tried reinstalling your drivers for the soundcard? If they got corrupted it wont think it has one. Re installing may help. And if it does it hasnt cost you £20 for a new soundcard!

Cheers
David

I love speed :-P - 29/2/04 at 11:39 AM

do u no if the sound card is built into the motherboard, or the one that plugs in ur slots, if it is the latter, pull it out, and put it in another slot, (it worked on my mates modem so try it)

Phil

theconrodkid - 29/2/04 at 12:06 PM

i got my compo second hand and have no disc,i,m not going to take the top off as me n things dont exactly get along,il wait till chrisw pops round i think,thanks for yr help chaps

flak monkey - 29/2/04 at 12:27 PM

If you know what make your sound card is you can just dowload the drivers from the internet. No need for the cd.

If you dont know you can find out from your computer. Right click on you My Computer icon, Click properties, go to the hardware tab, click device manager. This will give you a list of what hardware is in your computer. Click on the little + by the one that says 'Sound, video and game controllers' Then you should have a list like mine...maybe! My soundcard is creative.

Find out the make and you can download the drivers.

Umm hope that helps and isnt too confusing!

David Rescued attachment devices.jpg
Rescued attachment devices.jpg

theconrodkid - 29/2/04 at 01:31 PM

intel or legacy????ill go back in time to before computers and start again in my little cave