Board logo

WANTED: stainless grill mesh
Humbug - 22/1/06 at 10:08 AM

Anyone got an offcut big enough for a grill?

Cheers,

Simon

MikeR - 22/1/06 at 10:30 AM

Try looking inside your wifes oven

piddy - 22/1/06 at 10:54 AM

B & Q.

Humbug - 22/1/06 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Try looking inside your wifes oven

Looked in there, but don't fancy putting grease-covered metal on the front of my car!

Also, I am really looking for mesh, rather than the grill structure itself

graememk - 22/1/06 at 11:44 AM

our b&q have then bbq kits that build your self for £10, doubt they would make a good grill though.

tiffshaw - 22/1/06 at 11:45 AM

Hi

I have some mesh that we were planning to sell on ebay for about £30 a sheet to the boy racers. As you're on here we can do it for £20 plus postage.

Its high quality stainless woven mesh cut on the diamond and should be big enough for a seven nose cone. We have two sorts, highly polished stainless and black powder coated stainless.

Thanks

Chris

Humbug - 22/1/06 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tiffshaw
Hi

I have some mesh that we were planning to sell on ebay for about £30 a sheet to the boy racers. As you're on here we can do it for £20 plus postage.

Its high quality stainless woven mesh cut on the diamond and should be big enough for a seven nose cone. We have two sorts, highly polished stainless and black powder coated stainless.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris - thanks for that. I have seen stainless woven grill stuff with about 10mm gap for under £20 in Halfrauds boy racer section. I was just looking to see if I could find anything a) cheaper and b) with a slightly smaller gap, to avoid major stone damage to the rad.

Anyone tried either of these?:

http://www.juststainless.co.uk/index2.htm
http://www.wovenwire.co.uk/

RichieC - 22/1/06 at 11:57 AM

B&Q or local diy shop sell ornamental mesh in a variety of finishes and patterns for about £5 a sheet big enough to do the nose

Rgds

Rich

Donners90 - 22/1/06 at 04:09 PM

Hi Simon,

I bought some 10mm square woven mesh from wovenwire.co.uk. Very helpful and good service, however postage was quite expensive as they pack it between thin MDF.

If you change your mind about the size of the holes, I have some left if its of any use. I have attached a piccy with dimensions of the piece. I was hoping to get about £20 for what's left. I live in Brentwood so could meet Lakeside/Bluewater to save you postage.

I'm away for two weeks as of Monday, but can meet after 3rd Feb if you want it.

Let me know if it's any good to you.

Cheers

James Rescued attachment DSCN2024.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN2024.JPG

02GF74 - 22/1/06 at 09:29 PM

The stuff in B&Q is expanded mesh. the nice stuff is voen.

if you a re still struggling, I will dig out info where I got some - mesh hole size from microscopic to quite big in a variety of metals.

bear in mind they have a minimum order quantity so may not get the result you want.

Humbug - 24/1/06 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
The stuff in B&Q is expanded mesh. the nice stuff is voen.

if you a re still struggling, I will dig out info where I got some - mesh hole size from microscopic to quite big in a variety of metals.

bear in mind they have a minimum order quantity so may not get the result you want.

Yes, if you could find the contact, I would be grateful

Thanks

wilkingj - 25/1/06 at 08:05 PM

I got mine from this chap. Spoke to him on the phone, he will cut to size just for you.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7553074779&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

Costs more if you have the mesh cut so you have a diagonal square, as it uses a larger bit to start with.

Very helpful, and quick. no problems with my purchase. He does stainless tubes and sheets as well.. cut to size if you want.
Contact him FIRST... they he will put it on ebay for you to buy so you can pay via paypal etc.
Cant fault him.

ppuxley - 29/3/06 at 10:25 AM

Anyone still got some off-cuts of stainless woven wire mesh? Looking for 420mmx200mm (diamond arrangement) something around 10mm opening 1.5mm crimped wire .

Patrick

Humbug - 29/3/06 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ppuxley
Anyone still got some off-cuts of stainless woven wire mesh? Looking for 420mmx200mm (diamond arrangement) something around 10mm opening 1.5mm crimped wire .

Patrick

I've got some left after doing my grill: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=2006-02-17%204%20ST%20nose%20cone%20refitted.jpg

I've emailed you with more details