Board logo

1800 zetec with shortened alloy sump etc.
paulf - 13/2/09 at 11:17 AM

I have a silver top 1800 zetec taking up space in my garage.The good points about it are that it has a shortened ally sump, 2 litre cams supposedly 60,000 miles with good oil pressure and is fitted with spigot bearing and an alternator mount and also a fitting for the bottom hose to make it easy to plumb in with just a feed from thermostat housing .
Down side is I removed it because it drank oil even after I rebuilt the head with new valve seals, I think it needs new rings. it is therefore for sale for parts.There is the shortened sump, cams , water pump and pipe work flywheel and alternator mount.It could be worth a gamble on fitting a set of rings to make it usable.
Im looking for £75 either complete or I will remove and post the parts at cost. Rescued attachment DSCF0002.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0002.JPG

paulf - 13/2/09 at 11:19 AM

Rescued attachment DSCF0003.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0003.JPG

omega0684 - 13/2/09 at 12:45 PM

what is taking its place paul?

paulf - 13/2/09 at 01:46 PM

I replaced it with a 2 litre blacktop in the autumn and its been lying in the way since then.I chopped the 2 part sump on the blacktop as it is easier than messing about with the windage tray etc to fit the silver top sump.
Ive had a few U2Us asking for just the sump but will see if any one wants the lot first.
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
what is taking its place paul?

Danozeman - 13/2/09 at 07:12 PM

I would have the hole thing off you but its a 4 hour round trip for me to collect.

MikeR - 13/2/09 at 07:42 PM

Hiya,

Could you hold this for 24 hours while I see if I can organise somewhere to store it. Not going to need it for 6 to 12 months but it seems a waste to miss up on the chance.

Its that's to cheeky - I understand, just thought I'd ask.

paulf - 13/2/09 at 10:42 PM

Ive had a number of U2Us mainly for the sump , flywheel etc.
I shall leave it on here as is and see if anyone wants the full engine by tommorow night, if not then i will reply in order received .
Paul

westy turbo - 13/2/09 at 11:20 PM

Would you send it to Greece

blackie - 13/2/09 at 11:42 PM

Paul, I'll take it if cheeky Mike doesn't have it.

Cheers,

DB

MikeR - 14/2/09 at 05:29 PM

If possible, i'd like to take the whole engine.

i'll u2u you so we can sort things out.

paulf - 14/2/09 at 09:01 PM

Sold complete to Mike R. U2U sent.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
If possible, i'd like to take the whole engine.

i'll u2u you so we can sort things out.