Board logo

Denham Lathe
RichardK - 8/12/08 at 10:35 PM

Hi Ladies and Gents, the time has come that I need to focus on helping my son do up his moped ready for his birthday in April and now need some more space. So.... how much do you think my lathe is worth, I'll also throw in the tooling if its a locoster that buys it.

I plan on putting it on the bay of flea at the weekend. I've got a £500 figure in my head and suppose I'm just want your thoughts to see if that too low or high.

An operators manual is still available from this site LINKY if you wanted to do more than I've done, just made threaded inserts and bushings and trueing off cut tubing that sort of stuff.

Description
Description

By the way there is a few more pictures in the LC Photo Gallery in a folder called Lathe.

[Edited on 8/12/08 by RichardK]

mookaloid - 8/12/08 at 10:38 PM

Hi Rich,

You might need that for making bike bits

RichardK - 8/12/08 at 10:41 PM

You know I'd love to keep it, its just the space thing

liam.mccaffrey - 8/12/08 at 10:58 PM

interestingly it shares a lot of castings with my 'wilfin' lathe. the stand is definately the same

dhutch - 8/12/08 at 11:11 PM

Cant really help.
- Although i will resist the temptation to vote for £150 because i honestly dont have the time or space. :p

trextr7monkey - 9/12/08 at 12:15 AM

Seems a fair price we bought a small Denford -very little used for £500 and another like it without a chuck for £350 which we adapted to fit a 4 way tool post on.
Our local steel stock hoder had a modern equivalent in for about £850 recently with the added disadvantage of far eastern manufacture
Good luck ,
Mike

Trems - 9/12/08 at 06:42 AM

Is it 240V single phase mate?

RichardK - 9/12/08 at 07:40 AM

Yep, just normal 240v

Cheers Rich

mangogrooveworkshop - 9/12/08 at 12:28 PM

quote:

Is it 240V single phase mate?

The single phase /three phase problem is no longer an issue as you get a converter. So tooling that was out of bounds because it was 3 phase can now be used on a good single phase supply.

Im planning to buy a three phase motor for my ml7 and put the electronics to work to do the speed torque 3 phase conversion

[Edited on 9-12-08 by mangogrooveworkshop]