Board logo

Owners Club
Fat Boy - 17/11/05 at 10:02 PM

Hi Guys,
just a thought, what about getting an owners club up and going for GTS cars, any thoughts.

Fat Boy. Rescued attachment w7de-frnt3-small.jpg
Rescued attachment w7de-frnt3-small.jpg

TimC - 18/11/05 at 06:21 AM

If and when I buy one....

Any more pics of the car?

Rgds

TC

scotty g - 18/11/05 at 07:06 AM

Anyone got any ideas how many GTS's are out there?

Gav - 18/11/05 at 09:13 AM

I bought everything from GTS bar the chassis/coil overs, do i qualify?

flak monkey - 18/11/05 at 09:16 AM

I am building one...but rather slowly at the moment!

David

nludkin - 18/11/05 at 10:22 AM

Count me in, sounds like a great idea!

Fat Boy - 18/11/05 at 09:29 PM

Gav, you sure do,

come on guy's,there must be more of you out there,who would like to join in. lets
be having your replys.

Scotty you up for it, ?

andyace - 19/11/05 at 12:23 AM

I'm in.

BKLOCO - 19/11/05 at 12:46 AM

I think this is a great idea but words are not enough.
Who is going to take the lead role? Someone needs to volunteer to start it off. Needs to liase with Darren to get him to contact past purchasers and find out how much interest there realy is, not just on here.
Maybe we should wait until one of the big shows next year and share Darrens stand and start the whole thing from there.

We stand more chance of getting the thing off the ground if we can get a few cars out on show.
I hope to have my car on the road by the Detling Show date.

I,ve need to talk to Darren next week so perhaps I'll mention the idea to him then and see if he's prepared to support it.
If your at Exeter FatBoy perhaps you could have a word.

Fat Boy - 19/11/05 at 06:23 PM

Nice one Bkloco, your right word's are not enough,we must move this forward,there are plenty of people to make this work,with Darrren,of course,as I think you said before, the product is right,and an owners club is to.come on guys lets make it work.

[Edited on 19/11/05 by Fat Boy]

Gav - 19/11/05 at 07:33 PM

if you want some webspace for a owners club site, im happy to donate it in return for my honoury membership

[Edited on 19/11/05 by Gav]

Fat Boy - 19/11/05 at 09:46 PM

Nice one Gav, any body else who can help with the owners club

[Edited on 19/11/05 by Fat Boy]

BKLOCO - 20/11/05 at 12:08 AM

Hi Colin. alias: FatBoy
Been talking to Bert tonight and told him that I am definately up for the owners club. I'm going away for most of Dec and first part of Jan so wont be much help untill mid Jan but I'm happy to help in any way I can.
Think a meet of the "locals" with a view to the first stages of setting up the club would be a good move but I'm sure you know this from your TVR days.
It might be worth one of us contacting "donut" he's heavily involved with MK club I think, so might be able to give us some pointers.
I think this is a great idea and really want to see it get off the ground. I think the time is just about right before the numbers get unmanageable. The only slight concern I have is how widely dispersed the present owners are.
We will certainly require the full cooperation of Darren to get thing going.
Keep in touch via e-mail if you need to, my address is available in my bio on here.

Looks like I'm going to be building Berts MegaSquirt then!!!!!!
Cheers!!!!!

Edit:
PS. Bert. Have a look at my photo archive for some pics if I don't get round to e-mailing tem to you.... Nov pics folder for latest...

[Edited on 20-11-05 by BKLOCO]

[Edited on 20-11-05 by BKLOCO]

scotty g - 27/11/05 at 03:19 PM

Hi Fatboy, deffinately up for an owners club mate, was hoping to see you at Exeter last weekend, Darren had another W7DE there in bright orange, it looked great, he was very busy when i saw him.

jay taylor - 8/1/06 at 07:48 PM

i am building a gts at the mo maybe if there was a club i would be able to get parts i need cuz i cant get hold of darren

Triton - 8/1/06 at 10:46 PM

What bits do you need

scotty g - 10/1/06 at 05:58 PM

Best way to get hold of Darren now is at KCB on 01474 707071. This is where all the GTS stuff is made now and its where Darren spends most of his time. Well thats not strictly true, he spends more time there than any other one place!!!!!
I managed to get through to him just a couple days ago, hope this helps you.

TimC - 10/1/06 at 07:15 PM

Was there today - phone very busy but being answered all the time.

jay taylor - 11/1/06 at 08:04 PM

he still has parts of the gts kit that i require like the steering extention i got baught the gts kit in december 2004. when i try to email him i get no reply and i feel he is just ignoring me

flak monkey - 11/1/06 at 10:52 PM

I shall repeat what has been said before...

If you really want to speak to Darren, phone him. If its not so important, email him.

David

timf - 12/1/06 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I shall repeat what has been said before...

If you really want to speak to Darren, phone him. If its not so important, email him.

David

if you have spent money with him and he has banked it, he should supply the goods, it should not be up to everyone to chase him all the time. It's too much of a regular occurance with darren to be temporay supply problems. saying speak to him all the time is meaningless if you want something done write to him on paper and then keep copies if he does nothing etc then you have legal recourse due to everything being in writing.

locoboy - 16/1/06 at 06:47 AM

Im in

dozracing - 27/1/06 at 09:52 AM

We can host the site on the same site as the GTS main site. I have tons of webspace available now.

Kind regards,
Darren

andyace - 27/1/06 at 04:22 PM

Hiya Darren,

Good to see you here. Just as an aside did you know your web site acts a bit strange and loses options off the left hand frameset so sometimes you do not have links to get to all of you products?

Andy

nludkin - 28/1/06 at 11:03 AM

I have spoken to Darren a fair bit in the past few days and he seems quite happy for an owners club to be set up.

It sounds to me that the main stumbling block at the moment is deciding who is going to take the lead and liase with everyone.

Is it worthwhile collecting the email addresses/skills of everyone interested in helping and creating a structure first?

BKLOCO - 29/1/06 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Also is there a GTS logo (bonnet badge in exsistance?) if not would any graphic artists out there be willing to spend time designing one that we can put forward for approval by Darren @ GTS, We could get some made up and use it as a figure head on the website, stationary etc.

Hi Mark
Yes there is a GTS nosecone badge and I have one in my posession.
I will post it in my photo archive asap. (probably later today)
If you want I'll send it to you as a"full sized" image via e-mail.

I'm seeing my son later today re website design.
After speaking to him on the phone he says he is extreemly busy at the moment but as long as there is no pressure he is sure he can do something for us regarding a basic design and get some initial static pages up.
Best regards
Brian

dozracing - 29/1/06 at 08:33 PM

GTS Logo.

Thanks guys. To help out, whatever the fee is for joining the owners club, GTS will pay for the first year, when you buy a kit. If you are already an owner (and therefore founding member) GTS will pay for your first years membership also.

Obviously this is for people who have bought a kit from us, if you are a home builders (ie building from plans), then we will contribute 50% when you buy the bodywork. Or some deal like that, whatever suits the club/owners.

Kind regards,
Darren Rescued attachment gts-logo.jpg
Rescued attachment gts-logo.jpg

Gav - 29/1/06 at 09:09 PM

Read the small print Darren

quote:

Article 3: Membership

There will be no special requirements to become a “gtsownersclub” member and there will be no membership fees. Interest, enthusiasm, and dedication are the only prerequisites to become a member, members will work to achieve the purposes and aims outlined in Article 2. Club members will attend meetings; publicize the presence and activities of the club by any means available, ; and take part in the planning organization, and execution of club events. Executive roles are detailed below.

dozracing - 31/1/06 at 05:19 PM

Ooops. Nice offer though.

I read an earlier post where it was said that it was only possibly going to be free.

I'll get some T-shirts made up then, and everyone gets a free t-shirt with membership of the club, if they own a kit etc..

Kind regards,
Darren

flak monkey - 31/1/06 at 05:23 PM

quote:
I thought I had better clarify parts of Article 3; with regards to membership being free, this will have to be fully decided as any Secretary/Treasurer will need to be re-imbursed for any out of pocket expenses such as stationary, postage costs etc, the cost will be kept to a minimum.

Regards

Mark

You were right in the first place Darren, it may only possibly be free. As Mark says it depends what the club expenses are...

T Shirts sound like a good idea to me as well . Another one to go with my Locost one

David

Gav - 31/1/06 at 05:41 PM

I stand corrected

dozracing - 10/2/06 at 08:17 PM

Just taken a peak at the website, and i think you have done a great job already.

Love the overall look of the website.

Might want to swap the pic for this.

Darren Rescued attachment locost-grass.jpg
Rescued attachment locost-grass.jpg

Gav - 10/2/06 at 10:36 PM

oo i like the look of the front lights and indcator s, where do they come from?
gives it an aggressive look rather than the normal wide eyed look from standard lights.

[Edited on 10/2/06 by Gav]

flak monkey - 10/2/06 at 10:38 PM

They are the 5.75" headlights a lot of people are fitting. Not sure which ones are SVA compliant at the moment though, as most have a simple up-down dip pattern.

The indicators are landrover items in a special housing.

David

flak monkey - 10/2/06 at 11:39 PM

Looking good

Much prefer the new look to be honest

Hellfire - 11/2/06 at 04:03 PM

quote:
They are the 5.75" headlights a lot of people are fitting. Not sure which ones are SVA compliant at the moment though, as most have a simple up-down dip pattern.

The indicators are landrover items in a special housing.

David

They are 105mm diameter, which is just over 4" and they are not SVA compliant. They do look nice though but better fitted after SVA.

flak monkey - 11/2/06 at 04:48 PM

Oops, should have checked really...

Heres the pic from the GTS website (£37.50 each, available in black and chrome)

They are indeed 105mm diameter ones.

I think some of the 5.75" ones are SVA compliant, and they look better than the 7" ones.

David

Hellfire - 11/2/06 at 06:41 PM

5.75" headlights are the smallest SVA compliant headlights you can buy at present.

flak monkey - 11/2/06 at 11:19 PM

Theres no minimum diameter, it just most small lights are designed for motorbikes and so dip straight up and down and therefore will not pass SVA. The smallest lights that dip to the left are 5.75" ones, though no doubt sooner or later someone will make a lens to fit the smaller lights which would be SVA'able.

Hope that makes sense.

David

BKLOCO - 12/2/06 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Theres no minimum diameter, it just most small lights are designed for motorbikes and so dip straight up and down and therefore will not pass SVA. The smallest lights that dip to the left are 5.75" ones, though no doubt sooner or later someone will make a lens to fit the smaller lights which would be SVA'able.
Hope that makes sense.
David

Sorry to contradict once again chaps but Darren has had at least one car through SVA using these lights!!!
The trick is to rotate the lenze in the housing to give the required "kick up" patten to the left.
As you correctly say Flack there is no min size stated for lamp dia in SVA.

I'll let you know soon how easy SVA is with these lamps.
I've got them fitted!!!!

Description high front
Description high front

[Edited on 12-2-06 by BKLOCO]

scotty g - 12/2/06 at 09:29 AM

Hi Mark, i believe that you should have your kit now, is that right?
How is it all?

Hellfire - 12/2/06 at 09:44 AM

It's common knowledge to some users on this forum that Steve @ SVC has been trying for years to obtain small diameter (less than 5.75") SVA compliant lenses. He is tooled up and ready to start production of the housings if/when he finds a supplier. To date he has had no luck.

We purchased some 105mm dia lenses from GTS a few years back and couldn't see how we could possibly pass SVA with them, so took the safe option and purchased a pair from SVC.

Go ahead and try them by all means. You won't be the first to try turning the lenses and you never know, you might get lucky.

[Edited on 12-2-06 by Hellfire]

[Edited on 12-2-06 by Hellfire]

Gav - 12/2/06 at 10:29 AM

That "whinger" has probably waiting 3 more months than you though

edit: yes that wa a joke

[Edited on 12/2/06 by Gav]

flak monkey - 12/2/06 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Yipppeeeeeeeeee. As I type my kit is 2 miles away, the guy just phoned for directions, im like a kid at xmas i cannot wait camera @ the ready.

Mark

Awsome

Dont expect to see you on here anymore for the next couple of weeks then

How much was delivery if you dont mind me asking?

David