Board logo

Interior Door Handles?
RazMan - 22/5/06 at 09:08 PM

I am looking for some small door handles / catches to mount in my middy doors which have 'bear claw' catches so practically anything would do.

In the past I have seen lots of butt ugly things like the Marina, Allegro catches and I am looking for something more elegant and SMALL. The Punto is getting closer but I need to explore more options.

Any ideas guys?

Simon - 22/5/06 at 09:11 PM

I do believe CBS do them,

HTH

ATB

Simon

RazMan - 22/5/06 at 09:18 PM

They do the bear claw latches (that's where I bought mine) but they don't do any interior door handles unless I missed them.

Donners90 - 22/5/06 at 09:30 PM

might be worth a try
http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+coachfittings+and+body+parts~handle~interior/

RazMan - 22/5/06 at 10:09 PM

Lots of surface mounted handles there but nothing which fits into a recess - the sort of thing that you find in a modern tin top drivers door, usually a little lever flush with the door card.

Thinking laterally, I suppose it could be done electrically using a central locking solenoid wired to a small button on the dash - which would have some bling appeal

[Edited on 22-5-06 by RazMan]

Donners90 - 23/5/06 at 09:31 AM

The pic below is from a defender. Will probably be the same as an Allegro/Maxi or similar aged BL vehicle! Rescued attachment door_opening_lever.jpg
Rescued attachment door_opening_lever.jpg

stevebubs - 23/5/06 at 12:43 PM

Razman,

Let me know what you come up with - I need to do this to my Fury.

Will be post Le Mans now...

Stephen