Board logo

Mystery bottom balljoints.
Dusty - 17/2/08 at 12:45 AM

Can anyone help out with identifying these ball joints. I will put a pic in my archive as I still can't get pics in my posts after a couple of years trying.
TIA

[Edited on 17/2/08 by Dusty]

Mr Whippy - 17/2/08 at 12:55 AM

don't what's so difficult about putting a pic in?

just use the attach picture browser thing and select the pic from your c: drive

anyway sorry don't recognise that ball joint

[Edited on 17/2/08 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment cortbbj.jpg
Rescued attachment cortbbj.jpg

Dusty - 17/2/08 at 01:01 AM

Well I could say what's so difficult repairing a fractured femur. But that may not help.
My first post contains the url of the image on this site with the two img dodahs in square brackets, one with the / and nothing shows.
Things always seem difficult if you're doing them wrong and I obviously am!
I don't have a 'browse' box at the bottom as I am writing this post. Have to click on the image icon next to the email and hyperlink icons and then naff all happens.

[Edited on 17/2/08 by Dusty]

Mr Whippy - 17/2/08 at 01:03 AM

ok then look at this -

you may want to delete this post and do it again as I seem to have rather mucked up your first one, sorry...

but at least you get a chance to do the pic thing

[Edited on 17/2/08 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment INSTR.JPG
Rescued attachment INSTR.JPG

Dusty - 17/2/08 at 01:09 AM

Third post and now I do have a browse box for attachments so hopeful no problemo. Rescued attachment cortbbj.jpg
Rescued attachment cortbbj.jpg

saigonij - 17/2/08 at 08:40 AM

do yo know what - i have been posting on here for ages, and i have never noticed that "Browse" button!

my posts have always been a slog of uploading, viewing, copying the url and adding an image!!!

now i know better :-)

feckn7 - 17/2/08 at 08:54 AM

They look at lot like those found in Lancia Thema/Fiat Croma/Alfa 164/SAAB 9000 form the late 80's early 90's

rusty nuts - 17/2/08 at 09:10 AM

Not dissimilar to VW Golf bottom ball joints, they use 8mm bolts to secure them . Difficult to tell the bolt size in the picture.

turbodisplay - 17/2/08 at 10:30 AM

I Think they remind me of vauxhall baljoints, possibly cav mk2.
Not 100% sure but i used that type for my inital suspention try and it looks similar, even the sizes seem similar between bolts.

Darren

zilspeed - 17/2/08 at 10:33 AM

They're very like Audi 80 ones too.

turbodisplay - 17/2/08 at 10:34 AM

Look on ebay there is one on there, does look similar.

indykid - 17/2/08 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay
I Think they remind me of vauxhall baljoints, possibly cav mk2.
Not 100% sure but i used that type for my inital suspention try and it looks similar, even the sizes seem similar between bolts.

Darren

i'd also have said mk2/3 cav, but i know the 3 bolt flange is reasonably common.

istr the bottom bones are the same on the calibra too, sharing the cav floorpan, so chances are they have the same balljoint.
tom

Dusty - 18/2/08 at 01:21 AM

Thanks everyone. Comparing to Cav ones on ebay they certainly look the same. Depends on hole spacing and taper but looks right.

t.j. - 18/2/08 at 10:56 AM

hmmm,

Porsche 911 turbo 93-97
Peugeot partner >96
renault trafic >2000
VW-golf IV= Seat Leon >99= new beetle
Saab 9-5>97
Vauxhall/Opel Vectra A,B Omega B

Good luck, try on scrappy?