Board logo

Hows everyone doing with there builds?
G3OFF - 14/12/03 at 04:47 PM

come on guys.. how you all doing with your builds... show us some pics...

Browser - 30/12/03 at 12:15 AM

As soon as I get my kit (February I sincerely hope) I'll let you know how I get on I am aiming to devote a reasonable amount of time to the build but familiy commitments tend to get in the way don't they How's your's coming along?

JoelP - 30/12/03 at 09:37 AM

mines coming along nicely, thanks! just need to remember the de icer for when your feet freeze to the ground.

G3OFF - 30/12/03 at 01:07 PM

hi, mines coming along alright.... had it when the viento first come out.. but its taken me a while.... Rescued attachment DSC00085.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00085.JPG

ChrisW - 30/12/03 at 01:50 PM

Like the look of those rear lights. Where are they from??

Chris

Luego Sports Cars - 30/12/03 at 04:15 PM

Geoff, can you send me some more up to date pictures, FOR OUR WEB.

Cheers The Luego Team.

G3OFF - 30/12/03 at 06:07 PM

hi ... the lights were picked up at the donny show.. ill see if i can find company name if i still have the receipt..

ill sort you some pics for your site asap m8

Que1 - 21/1/04 at 10:30 PM

....is that a nos bottle sitting in the back of that luego???

ANDY P - 22/1/04 at 04:39 PM

Iv`e just started my mix n match locost. once i have worked out how to download digital stills you can all have a laugh erm i mean a look.
Andy p

Gazza - 22/1/04 at 06:54 PM

Mines coming on slowly - got the engine & box to go in next....

Findlay234 - 22/1/04 at 07:10 PM

hey gazza how on earth do you keep your garage so tidy??? Mines an absolute wreck.

Oh and i am back at uni so when my exams are finished ill be able to visit and see the car if its still alright.

ChrisW - 22/1/04 at 07:40 PM

Mine drives, but no coolant yet so not very far. Also need to bleed the brakes but there's not a lot of point until I get the side panels on.

Cleaned up and painted the alternator bracket the other night so hoping to get that on at the weekend, meaning I can also get the water pump going and therefore have some coolant. With any luck it'll get a run down the drive on Sunday... fingers crossed!

Chris

ijohnston99 - 22/1/04 at 07:53 PM

Gazza,
Are you building your car in the spare room?? I have never seen a garage like that! (Especially not mine!). How are you going to get it down stairs when you finished it?

Ian

theconrodkid - 22/1/04 at 07:54 PM

ill hear the sonic boom from my place then?

Gazza - 23/1/04 at 10:00 AM

wish I was building it in the house! The garage still gets a bit drafty!!

Findlay234 - be good to meet up.......

Cussed - 23/1/04 at 01:57 PM

How is it that my garage looks like it's twice the size of Gazza's and yet only has half the space? Could it be because I'm an untidy bugger?

{hijacking thread slightly} Findley234 - I'm still on for meeting up. Maybe you, me and Gazza should arrange a date for the inaugral Notts Velocity owner's club meeting? Pub?

Anyone else nearby?

Eddie

Findlay234 - 23/1/04 at 07:22 PM

yeah deffo(sorry uni slang coming out). A mate of mine here on my course is also really interested in coming along. Ive got exams this coming week but the weekend after would be a great time. U2U with us about what you think

G3OFF - 23/1/04 at 08:48 PM

Looking nice Gazza.... tis getting there...

and yes Que1 it is a Nos bottle.....
200bhp on tap....

thats what you call a tidey garage .......

G3OFF - 4/2/04 at 10:53 AM

anyone else near finishing?

ChrisW - 5/2/04 at 03:49 PM

You never did tell us where those lights came from Geoff!?

Chris

G3OFF - 5/2/04 at 08:39 PM

hi m8...

iv had a look .. carnt find the receipt.. so i aint sure..... it was the massive light stand outside in the tent at the donny show.. if that means anything to anyone? .. you much further along chris?

wicket - 6/2/04 at 09:49 AM

Just coming up to 2 years when we collected the 'book' chassis. Most of the design work is complete, brakes, cable harness, handbrake, rear axle, steering are all in, ali panels are fitted. GRP bits have been fettled and some are fitted. We are starting final assembly and within the next few weeks it will be off the build trolley and on wheels for the first time and all being well we are looking to be on the road late Spring early Summer.

Jonte - 15/2/04 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by G3OFF
hi m8...

iv had a look .. carnt find the receipt.. so i aint sure..... it was the massive light stand outside in the tent at the donny show.. if that means anything to anyone? .. you much further along chris?

Is it these lights?

G3OFF - 16/2/04 at 08:11 AM

Hi,

nah those are bigger... look nice though...

these ones are like mini front indicators but with clear and about 10mm deep lenses... i belive there also used on land rovers if that helps anyone out?

Jonte - 16/2/04 at 09:04 AM

Too bad
These I found are Hella lights.

Canīt you see any brands or other marking on the lights?

G3OFF - 16/2/04 at 02:21 PM

ill take one out tonight.... and have a look to see if there are any markings

G3OFF - 16/2/04 at 08:09 PM

hi,

there are no markings on them.. only thing is the normal stuff on the glass..

sorry guys.....

Donners90 - 20/2/04 at 05:06 PM

G3OFF

Are these the lights? I found a pic on this website, user I love speed :p has this photo in their archive.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=pict0019.jpg

If these are the ones let us know as we'll keep an eye out for them.

Cheers
James

G3OFF - 20/2/04 at 06:13 PM

yup.. .they are very similar to those ones... just have clear lenses.... nice one mate...

Donners90 - 18/3/04 at 06:11 PM

Noticed some similar ones on their website when I was ordering some stuff. Are these they???

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/lights-2/lights-2.html Rescued attachment 53600.jpg
Rescued attachment 53600.jpg