Board logo

Size and Dimension of Velocity and Viento
saigonij - 23/2/07 at 09:58 AM

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out here...

I want to know the sizes and dimensions of the velocity and viento engine bays.

Also, how much bigger is the viento to the velocity?

I basically want to know if a 2.5 duratec will fit in the bay of the velocity, or will i have to go to viento for that engine?

balidey - 23/2/07 at 10:29 AM

Have you spoken to Luego, I think they may know.

Infact, I've just looked at Luego website and they list the Duratec as one of the engine option for the velocity.

saigonij - 23/2/07 at 12:43 PM

not spoken to them yet.

the duratec they list is the in line 4 pot, not the 2.5 v6.

thanks for your reply...

bug1 - 23/2/07 at 06:52 PM

Hi if the duratec is close to the size of the 2.9v6 12 valve engine it should fit with little if any mods to the chassis thats what I have in mine the only mod I had to do was to get the starter motor in and I had to shorten the plenum chamber to go under the nose you may also need to put a small alternator on it will be very tight but theirs nothing like a full engine bay.

Paul (Notts) - 23/2/07 at 07:09 PM

The Viento engine bay is BIG - makes a rover v8 look small Rescued attachment sep06 026.jpg
Rescued attachment sep06 026.jpg

Steve Lovelock - 25/2/07 at 06:54 PM

I bought an Alfa with a V6 engine for my Velocity and as soon as I started to measure it up I realised it would be very, and I mean very, difficult to fit. I can't imagine that a Ford V6 is much smaller than an Alfa V6 so I'd recommend going for a four pot with the Velocity or a V6/8 with the Viento.