Board logo

how do you know this then??
billy - 16/5/03 at 07:29 PM

im scratching my head working out the position of my brake bias bar,i have a luego pedal box ,so how do you work out where to put the bar??and sorry for biend a bit dumb but any pics would help me,looks like the threaded bar is a bit(was) cheers for help peeps

timf - 16/5/03 at 07:35 PM

goto photo archive

click on chrisw

look for pedal box and bias bar

sorted

billy - 16/5/03 at 08:48 PM

looking at the photo,my right hand master cylinder is on the right side of the 2,so if i want the braking more to that cylinder the bar inside the pedal must be more to the right side then>?? confused cos i am....

billy - 16/5/03 at 08:50 PM

my god i must be losing the plot here.i mean the right hand master cylinder controls the front brakes.

GO - 16/5/03 at 09:29 PM

I think you've got that right! I've not crossed that problem yet, but will do soon. There are a few people here with Luego pedal boxes, apparently ST boxes are the same. Someone must've sussed by now. If not then give Luego a buzz and post the answer back here for the rest of us!!

billy - 16/5/03 at 09:39 PM

im sorted now,got me hands on a dax build manual.lol Rescued attachment dax brake bias.jpg
Rescued attachment dax brake bias.jpg

ChrisW - 17/5/03 at 07:37 AM

I'm going to Luego at the weekend for their BBQ (weather permitting) so I'll get Matt to show me how it works. I guess you'd just fit it in the middle and let Mr SVA man set it up when it's on the brake testing rollers.

Chris

DavidC - 17/5/03 at 10:35 PM

I'll be at the BBQ too, I hope they've got a TV there for the GP. Rain for a BBQ and RWD V8 test drive day....how unfortunate is that!

DC

GO - 19/5/03 at 10:52 AM

billy,

Any chance of getting a proper scan of that page from the dax manual??

Cheers.

Luego Sports Cars - 22/5/03 at 08:04 AM

Hi guys, are you ok with the Bias system? If not let us know and we will explain how it works. Cheers The Team.

Cussed - 22/5/03 at 08:44 AM

Hello Billy,

That DAX manual looks very well put together. Is it that good on all areas of how to put together a car? Would you say it's worth getting hold of a copy (DAX charge 20quid but I'm sure a finished builder would sell one on for less).

Would you recommend it?

Eddie

Browser - 26/8/03 at 05:06 PM

Dragging up an old thread I know but, is it really necessary to fit a balance bar to a road only car? I am intending to fit an adjustable pressure limiter to the rear brakes to allow a measure of control but I think a proper bias-adjustable setup is OTT apart from on the racetrack. What are your thoughts?

Browser - 26/8/03 at 05:08 PM

Dragging up an old thread I know but, is it really necessary to fit a balance bar to a road only car? I am intending to fit an adjustable pressure limiter to the rear brakes to allow a measure of control but I think a proper bias-adjustable setup is OTT apart from on the racetrack. What are your thoughts?