Board logo

anyone know this car?
andrew-theasby - 10/7/08 at 08:03 PM

Hi, does anybody know this car, its a MK Indy Blade. My friend is interested in it so i just wanted to do a bit of research first. Is it anyone on the forum? The ad says its the lightweight version, would that be what they call the new chassis, i thought they had inboard suspension? Also its on a cortina rear axle and the bonnet looks on much more of a slope than normal. Any thoughts? Thanks

[Edited on 10/7/08 by andrew-theasby] Rescued attachment mk1.jpg
Rescued attachment mk1.jpg

andrew-theasby - 10/7/08 at 08:04 PM

. Rescued attachment mk2.jpg
Rescued attachment mk2.jpg

scotlad - 10/7/08 at 08:33 PM

I personally wouldn't go near it with a very long pole.......

mark.s - 10/7/08 at 08:43 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=92007

this might help, and try not to spend to much time staring at wadders avater, like i have been.....for some time

andrew-theasby - 10/7/08 at 09:00 PM

Thanks, i thought it seemed a bit strange, especially with the live axle. I think this one seems a better option LINK
Is a dry sump a must on a blackbird engine for track day use? Also whats the most suitable rear axle ratio? Thanks Rescued attachment mk3.jpg
Rescued attachment mk3.jpg

PAUL FISHER - 10/7/08 at 09:37 PM

Thats one of MK's old demo cars from 2006,it will need a dry sump if your going to track it,the engine put number 3 conrod through the block at donnington that year after a couple of laps,and also required another engine just after this picture was taken of us at brands hatch in the same year,after that MK fitted another engine and sold it on cheap,as they had just built a gsxr demo car.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER] Rescued attachment brands 1.jpg
Rescued attachment brands 1.jpg

indykid - 10/7/08 at 09:39 PM

i think the white one was built by MK. the whels ring a bell. i could be wrong, but the turn key cars i've seen made by MK are thrown together because they're built to such tight deadlines. a lot of the detail work seems to get missed.

i'd have a look over it with a critical eye before i parted with any money.

as i say, i may be thinking of another car though.

tom

andrew-theasby - 10/7/08 at 10:11 PM

Great, cheers for all that advice, we'll keep looking.

Andy S - 10/7/08 at 10:33 PM

And if you HPI/DVLA the registration on the white one its actually registered as a Westfield

A Black 1600 from 1989 - which may be a tad illegal.

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for Q59 WET are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 08 06 1989
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1600CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £101.75
12 Months Rate £185.00

Andrew

roadrunner - 11/7/08 at 08:34 AM

The white one was featured in that Ultimate Kit Car dvd that Stent did, it seamed a bit slow round the track compared to some of the others.