Board logo

Thats another job of the list
big_wasa - 1/6/08 at 07:23 AM

Thats another job of the list,

Ive been putting this one of for ages. I am pleased with them, best go get them welded on.

The love is back

locoR1 - 1/6/08 at 07:29 AM

Very tidy by the looks of them you wont see the bolt but what about the cables are you going to run them through the tubes?
And while you posting pictures how about an up to date pic of your car Is it rolling now?

Dave....

omega0684 - 1/6/08 at 07:52 AM

you have u2u

big_wasa - 1/6/08 at 08:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
Very tidy by the looks of them you wont see the bolt but what about the cables are you going to run them through the tubes?
And while you posting pictures how about an up to date pic of your car Is it rolling now?

Dave....

Yep I am running the cables down the tube. Tube goes through the adapter.

Going to be doing a what brackets have I missed post soon then getting it painted in the next two week or so.

big_wasa - 1/6/08 at 09:50 AM

just been playing with the positioning

to make a rolling chassis or even a drivable car requires just nuts and bolts and a rebuild of the rear axle

locoR1 - 1/6/08 at 10:01 AM

Looking good great choice of colour and body work! in my opinion GTS is probably the best looking bodywork available for a locost shame about the reputation they've got themselves.

Wont be long now then!

scotty g - 1/6/08 at 10:09 AM

I was just gonna say that looks like the GTS panther bodywork.
yellow is one of the more popular choices for them and it does indeed look good although in my oppinion there can be a bit too much of the chosen colour when all the panels are the same (see Flaks pics for an example) Having the wings a contrasting colour like black helps to break it up a bit.
I'm building a W7DE which has even more Body than the panther so i'm having a mix of orange and black panels.

big_wasa - 1/6/08 at 10:12 AM

I may just get them welded on before the gas runs out

£45 or more I could have done with out.

big_wasa - 1/6/08 at 10:14 AM

Wings and leading edge of nose will be black.

I am thinking of carbon or satin black

scotty g - 1/6/08 at 10:20 AM

Have you got GRP side panels or are you doing them in Ally?
i've seen GTS panels on Ally sides and it looks spot on.

big_wasa - 1/6/08 at 10:34 AM

^^^

look under the chassis and you can just see the side panells

Went with the fiberglass

locoboy - 1/6/08 at 06:56 PM

Here is mine with ally sides.

passenger side low
passenger side low

I went with the ally to keep the cost (and weight) down but i windled away a LOT of time making them. GRP would have been quicker im sure.