Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: calculating coolant hose angles
jabbahutt

posted on 2/5/07 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
calculating coolant hose angles

Afternoon

I was going to use convoluted hose for cooling but after reading a recent thread where people have had problems I'm having second thoughts.

How have you guys gone about working out what angle bends etc you need to connect A to B without actually buying anything first?

I know the size of each connection just would appreciate some tips on how to visualise the routing and bends before buying as trying to keep on a tighter budget at the moment

Thanks for any help
Nigel

rayward

posted on 2/5/07 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
i used some tig welding wire(wire coathanger would be as good),

just bent to shape and cut to size

to keep costs down consider using copper pipe for the straight bits then you just need to buy the bends

Ray

[Edited on 2/5/07 by rayward]

02GF74

posted on 2/5/07 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I used paper templates:

try to keep angles to 90 or 45 degress - you can bend the hose to take up differrent angles.

better perhaps would be the neck of one of those angle poise lamps or a vacuum cleaner hose willed with plasticine.

break the hose down into straigh and angled sections - you can always use a metal tube to join two hoses, not ideal but if done properly, should casue no problems.

[Edited on 2/5/07 by 02GF74] Rescued attachment ah1.jpg
Rescued attachment ah1.jpg

RazMan

posted on 2/5/07 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
When I did my plumbing I just bought a load of Gates 90 degree bends and used them. CBS sell them at a good price and they also made some alloy joining tubes (complete with bead) I managed to do the whole system like this and it looks neat.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.