Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi 1.8T
miegru

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Audi 1.8T

Hi,

Some advice needed. Have stumbled across a bunch of brand new Audi 1.8T engines. The 180/200bhp versions. Complete with an original Audisport motormanagement (basically the original ecu with all antitheft items removed), ALL ancilleries and a bellhouse for a type-9 box including clutch setup.

I can deliver these engines turnkey including delivery in the UK for around 5.500 GBP ex vat.

Would there be a market for those in the UK? Don't want to invest too much time in this if there would be no market. However if there is interest I could advertise a bit.

What are your thoughts? Anybody interested to help me set this up?

Rgrds,

Mies.

FlansS14

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
£5500 Is allot of money to be honest for a std engine. you can pick up a 225 engine for arround £1200-£2000 and then the ECU can be done for £500 or so, or 1K for aftermarket managment.

BUT i im sure people would be very interested in a bellhousing to suit the engine.although a type 9 won't take the power for long.

do they come with a std k04turbo

Why didn't i just make it simple!

miegru

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thank for the reply. It is a brand new engine and they come with the standard turbo (used on all 180bhp versions). Don't know the number, have no access to an engine at the moment. I can go through the audi bin and select a manifold that suits a seven best.

Please note that the price is for a complete turnkey engine. You only need to add a fuelpump, radiator, intercooler and the various hoses to attach them.

If the price is still too high then I guess I won't bother with it. I would do it more as a hobby than as profit venue.

Rgrds,

Mies.

mark_mcd

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlansS14
£5500 Is allot of money to be honest for a std engine. you can pick up a 225 engine for arround £1200-£2000 and then the ECU can be done for £500 or so, or 1K for aftermarket managment.

BUT i im sure people would be very interested in a bellhousing to suit the engine.although a type 9 won't take the power for long.

do they come with a std k04turbo

if its the 180 engine i guess it would be a k03s turbo. the 225 engine used the k04

ecosse

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by miegru
Hi,

I can deliver these engines turnkey including delivery in the UK for around 5.500 GBP ex vat.

Rgrds,

Mies.

No offence meant, but I can buy complete LS1 for that kind of money

Alex

miegru

posted on 22/2/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
No offense taken! :-)

Apparently it is not a good proposition then. One remark; are you comparing apples with apples; does the LS1 come with bellhouse, clutch, starter, exhaust manifold, etc.? Is not meant as a tricky question but I found when I buildt my first seven that all the add-ons cost me much more thant the engine alone. That's why I thought it might be interesting.

For those interested in the bellhousing: www.tigersportscars.nl do them for 480 Euro ex vat.

As far as I know the Borg Warner T5 has the same bolt patern as the type 9 so should fit too.

Rgrds,

Mies.

Stewie Griffin

posted on 22/2/07 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
but the t5 is so expensive compared to the other ford boxes. The 9's are cheap and the MT75's as well. There is one who does a conversion to a mt-75. pretty sure it's www.alphax-kitcars.com. They do the complete kit for 650 euro's ex vat but that includes the flywheel, clutch plate and cover and all.
that would be a better go.

If it doesn't exist, create it yourself

ecosse

posted on 22/2/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Prices as follows (approx)
Bare engine = £3250
Starter/Alternator/manifolds/flywheel etc = £1000
Harness + ECU = £1000
Carriage = £300

Pretty much as pic apparently

[Edited on 22/2/07 by ecosse] Rescued attachment ls1.jpg
Rescued attachment ls1.jpg

Simon

posted on 22/2/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORVETTE-C5-6-0-LTR-ENGINE-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ250084524172QQihZ015QQcategoryZ32067QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or a complete Hayabusa for (nearly) half that.

I reckon £2500-£3000 is the max people will be willing to pay for a complete engine.

ATB

Simon

AlphaX

posted on 22/2/07 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
we supply VAG 1.8t engines starting at about 1000,- depending on enginecode and milage. These engines are complete and ready to go in the engine bay, you can connect it to a MT-75 with our gearbox connector kit which costs about 450,-. So for about 2500,- you can get that 220 bhp from a VAG 1.8i 20v turbo.
Simon

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaX
we supply VAG 1.8t engines starting at about 1000,- depending on enginecode and milage. These engines are complete and ready to go in the engine bay, you can connect it to a MT-75 with our gearbox connector kit which costs about 450,-. So for about 2500,- you can get that 220 bhp from a VAG 1.8i 20v turbo.

Being in Holland, I guess your prices are in € rather than £Sterling, in which case your prices are more realistic

ATB

Simon

RK

posted on 23/2/07 at 04:54 AM Reply With Quote
I have owned two Audi's: one with the 1.8T and my present A4 Avant (carries lots o stuff) with the 2.0T. They are very nice, smooth engines I must say, and the mileage has been great - better than one might think. Don't ask what happened to the first one, but let's just say it was my fault and I still have the headaches.
speedyxjs

posted on 23/2/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/35938/donkervoort_d8.html

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

AlphaX

posted on 23/2/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
207bhp

that's it?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.