Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4AGE Silvertop Plumbing
czntiger6

posted on 15/12/06 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
4AGE Silvertop Plumbing

Anyone has a diagram how the waterhoses on a 4AGE Silvertop are done (or an tell me how to install the hoses0?

Thanks!

bimbleuk

posted on 16/12/06 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully this picture will help. I would take a better one except my car is in bits while I swap to a modded Silvertop. The picture is of a Blacktop but they are the same.

Basically The hose on the side of the head goes to the top of the radiator. The larger hose on the water block (bolted to the rear of the head) is the return from the radiator.

That leaves two smaller heater matrix hoses. As I don't have a screen I just connect the higher of them to the expansion tank. The other one which is hiden on this picture is simply blocked.

The top water temp sensor is connected to my ECU. The rear temp sensor again hidden in this picture connects to my dash gauge. The rear most temp sensor, on the right in this picture, can be used but its on the wrong side of the thermostat. its connected in this picture but I don't use it anymore.

If that isn't clear I can add labels to the picture later.

Silvertop 4AGE 20V, coolant plumbing
Silvertop 4AGE 20V, coolant plumbing

thomas4age

posted on 16/12/06 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
you could also T the two heater hoses together with the tank hose, that way you always have full flow through the head, some people state that that would be better, don't know completly why though maybe hotspots???. I had a tee piece lying around so I plumbed it in like that.
there's one advantage on doing it like this, if fills up with coolant a lot quicker!

grtz Thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

bimbleuk

posted on 17/12/06 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
I'll have a look later a the water block and see if theirs any advantage to doing that. It would get rid of the unsightly blocked hose at least.
czntiger6

posted on 17/12/06 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, this helps me get further on...
czntiger6

posted on 17/12/06 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
P.s. I like the expansion tank on the picture... where can I get on of these? On mine the return hose is very small (might get too much pressure!?!?!?!
bimbleuk

posted on 17/12/06 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi that tank is the standard RAW Engineering header for the Striker kit car. If you haven't noticed from the picture the tank is sat on a 45 deg slope so its not square more a triangular wedge shape.

www.rawstriker.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.